Chp 4: House mates

🍓

A day went by and everything was going smoothly. Rick, Michonne, Daryl, Tara, Rosita, Carl, Aaron and Eric were helping out at Hill Top, gardening, keeping watch and just contributing to things in general. Gregory couldn't really complain so he kept quiet and sat in his office drinking whiskey like the lazy shit he was. Aaron and Eric decided they were going to remain here and live in one of the trailers. Eric said there were just too many bad memories back in Alexandria so they were hoping there would be room for them at Hill Top. The only problem was, all trailers were taken and all rooms in the Barrington house were being used. Daryl was notified about the couple's plan by Maggie and was asked to help them out.

"Fine. Where they at now?" Daryl asked, arms crossed over his chest waiting for Maggie's answer.

"I last saw them at Jesus's place."

"Doesn't he live alone too?" He said. "I'm sure..Jesus wouldn't mind sharin." Maggie rolled her eyes and lightly pushed him In the other direction.

"Just... go talk to them. You guys can work it all out together." Daryl didn't wish to argue with a pregnant lady so he gave in and made his way to Paul's trailer.  Maggie of course knew about Paul's feelings for Daryl and being the good friend she was, she wanted to do whatever she could to bring the two closer. She was hoping Daryl and Jesus would end up sharing.

----------------------

"I am more than happy to let you two take the spare room." Paul told Eric and Aaron. "I just don't... I don't want to invade your privacy with you two.. being a couple and all.." Both men chuckled and gave the bearded man a kind smile.

"Don't worry, we'll make sure everything stays PG." Aaron joked. "Eric just doesn't feel comfortable going back to Ale-"

"-Hey"

The three of them were interrupted by the archer approaching them.

"Daryl, hey!" Aaron greeted cheerfully. "What brings you here?"

"Maggie." He told them. "I heard you guys are stayin' here"

"Yeah, they are." Paul said. "Actually, we might need your help on this..."

"why don't ya let em move in? There's really nothing else to discuss"

"We thought about that but... it'll be the three of us. What if they want p-"

"What if you two share a trailer?" Eric suggested. "I mean.. it makes sense. two people in each one, right?"

Daryl felt a huge knot in his stomach. He didn't know why Eric's words made him feel that way, it's not like he had to share a bed. it was only a trailer.

"Yeah it does make sense but we'll only go with that plan if Daryl says it's okay." Aaron said out of respect. Daryl rolled his eyes and smirked at his choice of words.

"I'm the boss now huh?" The redneck asked sarcastically. "Look, If it's gonna be easier that way then it's settled. Two in each trailer." Jesus's face lit up but he immediately forced a straight expression afterwards. He didn't want to make it obvious that he was happy to be sharing with Daryl.  

"Ok, uh.. great!" The scout said eying the hunter who looked right back with an unreadable expression. "Who's packing?" 

"I'll go grab my shit." Daryl answered. "I ain't got much anyway." And with that, he left. 

__________

a couple hours had passed and Paul cleaned out his cluttered trailer to make the place look more welcoming. He didn't know why it mattered. Daryl wasn't one to care about perfection. Paul also felt the need to place a bowl of strawberries on the small dining table. Early in the morning while walking by the garden, he caught Daryl eying the strawberry plants as he was digging with Rick and so Paul thought 'why not surprise him with a small gift?' so after the two brothers were done gardening the ninja snuck over to the small bush and began picking.