Part 6

Outfit above

~Kiki~

"Rise and shine motherfucker!" I shout and jump on Light, who had been asleep up until that second. 

"Jesus Christ, Kiki. Get off of me!" Light groans and rolls away from me, making me laugh.

"C'mon Light! You're supposed to take me to the book store! I wanna get there early so I still have the rest of the day!" I whine, shaking him.

"It's seven in the morning you twat! I'll take you at ten!"He says and tries to push me off his bed.

"Hell no! I really need this book! Please! Mom won't let me go on my own!" I complain, pulling his blanket off of him. He say straight up and looked me dead in my eyes. He's gonna kill me. I wrap the blanket around me and bolt out the door.

"I swear to God, Kiki! Get your ass back here!" I giggle and run down the hall way, Light not far behind me. I run down stairs and toss the blanket on the couch and continue outside.

 Light follows after me and right before exiting the house I shout, "Going to the bookstore with Light! Bye!" I continue down the street a bit before I stop.

"I swear kid, I'm going kill you one of these days." Light yawns, running a hand through his hair.

"Oh please, you could never kill someone. Don't have the stomach." I joke with a smile, slipping my hands into the pockets of my light blue denim jeans.

"You've got me there, I really couldn't stomach killing a person." Light says with a chuckle and looks at me. "Hold up, what the fuck are you wearing?"

"I like it, it's fun." I say, messing with a strand of my long, white hair and avoiding looking at Light. He's great, but I want to shoot him sometimes. "So don't be a dick brother." I smile at him.

"Alright, alright. Let's just get to the book store." Light grumbles and we get on a bus that takes us to the street that the book store is on.

I hop off the bus with a smile and pause for Light to join me on the sidewalk. He's texting someone, probably some girl that wants to fuck him, god knows that there seems to be an endless supply of them.

"So, which girl are you texting now?" I ask, opening the door to the shop and walking towards the fiction section.

"Why do you care?" He asks sending me a confused look. He rolls his eyes when I don't reply, already busy looking for the specific book I came here for.

"Because you are my brother, so I know you pretty well. While most of the girls that flirt with you are annoying bitches, some are actually nice. So don't be a dick with the nice ones." I tell him, shaking my head. I pick the book from the shelf, The Book of Universes; Exploring the Limits of the Cosmos  by John Barrow.

"Why do you need that book again?" Light asks, looking at the cover.

"Extra credit." I say simply, walking to the counter and paying. Light doesn't question any further and we leave. "I was thinking about dying my hair. What color do you think of should do?" I ask light while we wait for the bus.

"Why would you dye your hair?" Light and, giving me a strange look as if I've just grown a second head.

"Well my hair is naturally white, so it would be really easy to dye it a nice color. A nice galaxy would be fun." I say, the last bit more to myself than to Light.

"I don't know Kiki, that doesn't sound like a good idea to me." Light says, pretty much dismissing the idea.

"Oh come on, Light! It would be really fun!" I plead, bouncing up and down.

"No way, it would be messy and dad wouldn't like it for sure." Light sighs, shaking his head at me.

"You're no fun." I pout and hit his arm lightly. He simply rolls his eyes at me, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

"I'm just going to walk home. See you there." Light says and starts walking away.

"What? No you aren't supposed to leave me! Mom will be mad!" I yell at him, but he just shrugged it off and turned the corner. "Alright, just gotta wait for the bus. Not difficult."

"Hey there doll face." A guy, much taller than me, says with a smirk as he walks up to me.

"No thanks." I say right away and start walking away from him. I run a hand through my hair, then stick both hands in my back pockets of my jeans. Please don't follow me. 

"Hey! Don't be rude." The guy yells at me, walking next to me. Just as I'm about to say something again, or run, an arm wraps around my waist.

"Hey babe, everything okay? Sorry I was running late." It's L, thank god for his timing.

"Now it is. Thanks." I smile at him and he walks me down the street and around the corner, leaving that creep muttering to himself angrily. Once we get around the corner L removes his arm and shoves his hands into his pockets, blushing ever so lightly. 

"I apologize for touching you without asking.  Are you injured, Kiki?" He asks with a slightly worried look as he walks up to a parked limo.

I sigh as we both get in and say, "No, I'm okay. I am so killing Light when I get home though."

"Why?" he asks with a raised eyebrow, the car starting to drive away.

"He was supposed to stay with me. Mom prefers for him to come with me to places, probably because of what just happened. He got mad at me and left though. I think I should get to slap him." I explain, adding the last sentence as more of an after thought, crossing my arms over my chest. 

3rd person POV

"Would you like to go home then?" L asks, looking at the younger girl who, as of late, had confused him more and more. She was light, seemingly effortless, in the way she carried herself and acted in public, but L had watched her decide to send ten men to their deaths to gain a piece of information they didn't need to solve the case by any means, but help put together the thought process of the criminal. The man supposed that he didn't always come off the way he really was either, but then again, he didn't have quite a sharp contrast between being 'L, the detective' and being, 'Lawliet, the genius'. 

"No, I mean really we should work on the case more so together. I'll just text Light that I ran into a friend with a generic name and that the two of us are going shopping. I doubt he'll think anything too weird of it," she spoke so easily of it, completely lying to her family, making up people that didn't exist. She had found it harder to lie fluently at first of course, her adoptive mother always wanted to be so invested in her life, but she got better. Balanced things more, never got too involved in anything too important. 

Little did she know he was far too busy killing off criminals back at home to linger too long on her whereabouts.

"Okay, would you like to go and see headquarters then?" L asks his companion and she smiled at him, the kind of smile that made the detective always think she knew something about the future that he didn't.

"Yeah, sounds like a plan," she said and turned her attention to watching what passed the window. L watched her curiously still for a minute, she was still such a new a strange person person to him, but that just made him want to learn more about her. A dangerous idea. She too wanted to learn more though. Maybe it was that they both liked a puzzle and there was no better puzzle than a person.

A/N: Hey I'm back at writing, this chapter is short so the next one will be long because I don't think anyone want we writing 4,000 word chapters at 3am.. those don't always turn out to be the best content.. It's quality over quantity yall, but I promise this baby will get good soon!!