The End of the World - II

Continue from The End of the World - I

---

"We have in attendance the Doctor, Lily Carter and Rose Tyler." The Steward begun talking at the podium. "Thank you! All staff to their positions." The trio watched as more blue people in what seemed to be like an army of guards swarmed the room. "Hurry, now, thank you. Quick as we can! Come along, come along!" He rushed them before continuing on. "And now, might I introduce the next honoured guest? Representing the Forest of Cheam, we have trees, namely, Jabe, Lute and Coffa."

The Steward continued as the human like trees entered. "There will be an exchange of gifts representing peace. If you could keep the room circulating, thank you. Next, from the solicitors Jolco and Jolco, we have the Moxx of Balhoon."

Lily, along with Rose, didn't think the aliens could get any weird. Boy, they were wrong. The pairs eyebrows shot up when a fat blue alien on apparently some kind of hover chair entered behind. "And next, from Financial Family Seven, we have the Adherents of the Repeated Meme."

While the steward carried on, the group of tree people approached. "The gift of peace." Jabe spoke, giving her head a small bow. She took one of the plants one of her accomplices had. "I give you a cutting of my grandfather."

It was as if she didn't see the Doctor and Rose. She paid all her attention to Lily as she handed her the small plant. Graciously taking it, she looked at the Doctor for some sort of help. But he stood by, chuckling along with Rose.

"Oh um . . thank you." She let out a small smile to show gratitude and as a sign for them to leave. Although, they didn't. Lily saw all three of them staring at her. Noticing she was suppose to give Jabe a gift as well she let out a small gasp.

"Oh! Right . . gifts! Uh," She tried to quickly think of something. She had assumed the Doctor may have nothing given he didn't step in to help. Or he was just to busy holding in his laughs with her sister.

Looking down at the tree in her hands a lightbulb went off. "Right! Trees? Oxygen? Um . . I, Lily Carter, give you air from my lungs?" She wanted to sound regal but it came out to sound like a question.

The Doctor and Rose watched with widen eyes as Lily pursed her lips, lightly blowing on the female tree. Jabe breathed Lily's carbon dioxide in, giving her a smile.

"Oh," she spoke. "How intimate."

"Yeah . ." Lily was getting strange vibes from her so she took a small step back. "Well there's more where that came from?"

Jabe returned with a slight smile. "I'll remember that." And then walked away along with her companions.

"Well, well, well," Rose nudged Lily's shoulder. "Is it getting hot in here Lils?"

Lily looked over at her in disbelief handing her the gift she had received. "Rose. She's a tree."

"Really?" Rose took another look at Jabe who was on the other end of the room. "I couldn't tell."

"The dress didn't give it away?"

"From the Silver Devastation," the man interrupted. "the sponsor of the main event, please welcome the Face of Boe!"

When the giant head in a water tank Rose was slightly weirded out but Lily was in wonder of how that was possible. "How?"

"The first of many questions you will have my dear Lillian."