Chapter 3

The twins Elladan and Elohir

Different pov

I was examining the bodies of the Orcs, why would there be so many so close to our borders it didn't make sense and in such large numbers. As I made my way around the area I heard a low whimper. Unsheathing my sword in case of a threat. Every elf around me tensed and withdrew earthier their bow or a sword.

The sound was too small to have come from and orc however I was on high alert. I slowly made my way towards a cluster of boulders and gasped at what I saw. There was a child, what on earth was it doing here. At my sudden gasp my brother quickly made his way over to my side. He also gasped when he noticed the poor thing. I knelt down close to the opening "Little one" I said very gently in the common tongue.

The child just stared at me blankly. He was shaking violently and I could see some blood on the ground around him. I turned to my brother. "We need to get him out of there." My brother nodded in agreement. "What is wrong" One my warriors asked us since we had not said anything about what it was we found. "A Child" I announced to the group.

More members started to dismount their horses as well. Children were very precious to the elves no matter what race. Since we were blessed with immortality we are not able to reproduce as abundantly as any other race. At my words the child seemed still and looked up at me with knowing eyes. 'Strange' I thought. "Come out little one we will not hurt you.

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHP (LINE BREAK)

The man in front of me seemed nice enough, he had an aurar around him that screamed power. Yet his face showed only kindness. Which was something I had never seen before. I could not understand what they saying though. It sounded rough and scaly almost. That was when I heard another voice, but this time I recognized what was being said.

"What is wrong" My head shot up, I understood what he said. Then the elf closest to me replied and I understood it as well. "A Child." They were talking about me. What were they going to do to me, where they going to hurt me. I couldn't really think about it too much though. My head was really starting to hurt my stomach and ribs aching.

I wanted to stay conscious. I didn't want those men coming any closer to me however that was not my decision to make blackness started to creep into vision and the sounds around me started to get fuzzy. The last thing I saw was the worried face of the man in front of me. 'How Strange'

HPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPHPPH (Line Break)

I could start to see the child's eyes start to close which worried me there must have been something very wrong if he just passed out like that. Once his eyes had closed I quickly reached in and grabbed him. He was very light and almost weighed close to nothing which worried me even further.

I could feel liquid on my front and looked down there was blood covering the child's front. My brother gasped and I could see tears start to well up in his eyes. Without a glance at my brother or the warriors I mounted by horse quickly and made my way back towards Rivendell.