t w e n t y - t w o

Excuse any mistakes

Los Angeles, California

The sun settled at the top of the sky, peeking through the curtains of the hotel room. Naomi was sleeping peacefully with her head resting on Zeke's chest. Her phone was ringing relentlessly, waking Zeke up.

He opened his eyes suddenly cursing internally. He did not enjoy being awakened out of his sleep. Although Naomi's phone was ringing, she didn't move. Zeke gently shook her, and she only stirred in her sleep, putting her face further into his neck.

She fell back asleep, and Zeke kissed his teeth. Her phone stopped ringing making Zeke believe that he could go back to sleep. Seconds later, her phone started back ringing and he was starting to believe that it was something dealing with Nia.

"Naomi." He called out as he used more force to wake her up.

Her brown eyes flickered open, and Zeke got lost in them. Waking up to her was a beautiful moment for him. But, the person who was blowing up her phone was ruining it. Naomi looked confused for a minute before reaching for her phone inside of her purse.

She released his waist, and Zeke frowned a little from the disconnect. Naomi finally pulled out her device, looking at it and noticed that she had a couple of missed calls from Ashton.

Naomi began to panic and called him back. She sat up straight, patiently waiting for him to answer the phone.

"Hey mommy!" Nia's usual perky voice beamed through the phone.

        Naomi sighed in relief, putting her hand on her chest. "Hey baby, getting ready for school?"

"Mhmmm.. Daddy messed up my coco pancakes." Naomi chuckled to herself, knowing that Ashton wasn't a good cook. "So I'm eating Pebbles."

       "That was you blowing my phone up?" Naomi asked curiously.

"Yes ma'am. You didn't call me last night." Nia replied sadly.

        Naomi cringed, remembering that she did say she was going to call her. "Mommy's sorry baby. I won't forget again. I promise."

"It's okay." Nia shrugged it off. Zeke exited the bathroom, and out of the corner of Naomi's eye, she could see that he was shirtless. "I gotta to school. Call me today."

      "Yes ma'am." Naomi chuckled. "I love you and have a good day at school. Please don't talk as much."

"No promises. Love you, bye." Nia rushed her off the phone, and Naomi kissed her teeth.

     No she didn't.

Naomi threw her phone on the bed, and ran her hands through her hair. She turned her attention to a shirtless Zeke, who was just staring at her.

     "What?" She asked as her eyes smiled.

"Nothing, nothing." He shook his head. Naomi looked at him weirdly. "Breakfast? My treat." He asked.

      "I think I can afford us breakfast." She smirked.

Zeke playfully rolled his eyes as he leaned on the wall. "I know you can. But, you won't pay for anything while you're with me."

          Naomi couldn't help the growing smile that formed on her face. Usually, his dominance irritated her. But, he was sexy. His exposed chocolate skin and six pack wasn't helping her cause either.