18

The next day I walked into the cold gymnasium by myself. This was my last class of the day and I couldn't be even more happier to be here.

The gym was filled with chatters of all the other kids that sat on the bleachers waiting for coach Mickey's instructions.

This class use to be chill considering the fact that I had Darius, Mario, and Kayla in here with me. But since we were no longer on good terms this was probably going to be the worse class I had now.

I walked up the bleachers taking my usual spot and sitting down.

I remembered Jahseh had this class with me as well too so I looked over at the boys side of the bleachers scanning through the different faces for him.

The way our coach had things set up was, all boys on one side of the bleachers and all girls on the other side. I didn't understand why when in the end we were all going to come together and partake in the same activities.

I finally found him sitting at the very top dressed out in his gym clothes. Usually he'd just sit on the bleachers and watch everyone associate or play on his phone whenever we exercised and played games.

His eyes met mine and he gave me a weak smile. I returned the smile just as the abrupt sound of the whistle blew.

Coach came walking up with his clipboard in his hand as he started up the attendance.

"Today ladies and gentlemen we play a game of dodgeball" he announced.

The gym became filled with cheers and also a few groans. Dodgeball was the worst sport ever created in history, simply because if someone threw one of those air filled balls way too hard the wrong way; it could seriously injure somebody.

I let out a groan myself as he called out for 2 team captains. I looked around as many people threw their hands up in the air begging to be a captain.

"Alright. Mario's team against Riley" coached said.

The two boys hopped off the bleachers and made their ways on the side of the coach.

We were down to just two people which left me- and Jahseh.

Riley looked between Jahseh and I as he thought about who to pick. No one really wanted us on their teams and that made me feel some type of way.

Jahseh didn't seem phased though.

"I choose ummm.. Taylor" Riley said.

A few people on his team mumbled slick things as I slowly stood up and joined them on the floor.

Jahseh got up and went over to Mario's team.

"Riley's team on the left side of the wall, Mario on the right" Coach said.

I followed my team mates making my way slowly towards Jahseh.

"Participating huh?" I asked him.

"Watch your back, I'm coming for you" he smirked walking past me.

I went over to my side of the wall as everyone prepared themselves for what was about to come. Looking over at Jahseh I noticed how good he looked in his gym shorts.

I mean we all wore the same thing, a plain white tee and some red gym shorts- but he stood out.

Coach counted to three and as if a gun shot had been fired everyone took off running.

Except for me.

-

During practice we practiced a few new routines. Today I wasn't as tired and complaining like I did every other time we had practice because, for some reason I was bottled up with energy.

Kayla stood near three other girls on the field as they watched me stretch while giving nasty looks and talking amongst each other.

My whole entire mood changed and then I was back to my ready to get the fuck out of here ways.

Jahseh sat at the top of the bleachers while writing in his notebook like he always did whenever I had practice.

Some times I felt like he only came out here to watch me, but that would be silly. I was sure he didn't feel the same way I was becoming to feel about him.

Coach called for a 5 minute break and most girls headed towards the water fountain. But me, I headed up the bleachers towards Jahseh.

He looked up at me as I plopped down beside of him.

He put his notebook off to the side and studied my face.

"What's wrong?" He asked looking concerned.

"Nothing." I lied.

"I know you're lying." He said.

I let out a breathe of air before shaking my head. I squinted my eyes at the bright sun that beamed down directly on us, while looking over towards the track runners.

"Kayla. I feel like she got everyone to turn their backs on me ya know? Like that thing in gym when nobody wanted me on their team, and throughout the day no one really said a word to me besides Ashaunti, then they're always staring at me- just talking shit" I explained.

"Taylor I thought we already been over this before. I thought we agreed that it was fuck them and everyone else" he said.

"I know, but I just hate when they stare at me and talk shit about me. See?" I said glancing over seeing that Kayla and a few more other girls were staring at us.

"Well let's give them something to stare at and talk about" he said.

"Huh?" I asked turning my attention to him.

He grabbed my face with his hand and pulled me close to him planting a soft kiss on my lips.

My heart skipped a million beats as he kissed me slowly. I felt this weird feeling shoot through my body as our lips moved in sync.

I was definitely not expecting that.

<>

There you have it (; lmao I hate myself.