34. Captured

34. Captured

"Sae and Sui?" Tsuyoshi was more than surprised to see the girls show up at his door, panting heavily and looking as if they'd just sprinted a marathon.

Takeshi emerged from the back curiously, "Huh?" he wondered, "Sae and Sui? What are you two doing here?"

Their last customer had just left, and they were just cleaning up.

"Uncle Tsuyoshi!" they charged into him frantically, grabbing at his apron, panicked and looking terrified, "Rei-chan, Rei-chan is-!!"

The two Yamamotos met eyes. Something was terribly, terribly amiss. No matter the situation, Rei wasn't someone that would leave his sisters like this.

It wasn't hard to know that something horrible happened.

"Lead the way!" Takeshi said, taking off his apron and setting it aside.

-

-

"He's gone?!" Tsuna accidentally yelled into the phone.

Heads turned in alarm. The other occupants of the household peeked over from the living and dining rooms, interested in the sudden outburst.

"But-" Tsuna seemed like he wanted to say something, but he changed his question. "What about Sae-chan and Sui-chan?" he asked.

There was another paused as Yamamoto Takeshi replied to his question.

"I see..."

When Tsuna hung up the phone, his face was downcast and his heart felt heavy. He sighed in worry, turning around-- then he spotted everyone staring at him.

"What was that?" Bianchi spoke up first, "it seemed like a matter of great concern."

"Did something happen to Sae and Sui?" Lambo spoke up. I-pin nodded, right beside him.

"That's not right," Reborn interrupted. It seemed he understood the situation better than the others, even if it was only one sentence of clues. "Did something happen to Rei?"

And Reborn seemed the faintest bit concerned, Tsuna noticed. The brunet gulped, and he nodded in response.

"Rei... he's missing."

-

-

Sae and Sui were crying.

Sae was hugging Lambo, and Sui was hugging I-pin, but they were both wailing like babies, and they didn't seem like they were going to stop anytime soon.

"I'm sorry I had to bring them over." Takeshi sighed, scratching the back of his head, "It was much worse back at my place."

The girls seemed to cry louder.