6. Emotional Wreckage.

Scarlett scrunched her eyes to the brightest light that made its way through her closed eyelids. She felt defenseless and heavy, mentally. It was next to impossible to move her hand, head or her body. She tried to open her eyes, attempting to get back to life, but the heaviness was just too much, leaving no choice but to stay still, the way she was positioned now. Scarlett wanted to scream aloud, but her throat went dry, making it hard for her to speak.

"Where am I?" Scarlett wondered.

She could feel a ray of light hitting against her closed eyes, but she could not dare to blink. In addition, suddenly, she ran out of breath, her forehead dripping with a large amount of sweat and her heart raced even faster, like eardrums.

Ultimately, using all of her strength of will, she opened her eyes, it burned like never before.
Scarlett gasped loudly, breathing as fast as she could, taking in the necessary oxygen as she sat upright on my bed. She felt the sweat run down at the sides of her face, going down towards my neck.

"It was a dream," she muttered coherently, taking a long sigh. The sunlight continued to hit right to her eyes, bringing her back to reality as she heaved a sigh again. Scarlett had a bad, creepy and strange dream. She was bewildered. "What was it all about?" She wondered aloud.

Meanwhile, Scarlett could hear her cell phone ringing mercilessly. Its sound was humiliatingly unpleasant to her ears as she scrunched up her brows in disturbance.

Slowly getting up, she placed the device against her right ear, without caring to glance at the caller ID.
"Yes," she yawned, her voice coming out shaky.

"As expected," Leah muttered, slight anger dripping from her tone as she frowned. Before she could ask, Leah added in a demanding voice, "I wonder what today's date was?" She mocked, and immediately, her brows met together in uncertainty. The sleepiness she was feeling was gone instantly after hearing her voice and her mind was already on its way to thinking about the speciality of that day. However, Scarlett was quick enough in figuring out the reason for her grumpiness this morning.

It was her birthday. How in the world could she forget?

"I'm so sorry Leah, I completely forgot about it," Scarlett responded in an apologetic manner as in response, she made a low rumbling sound, letting her know about her ill-temper. Unlike Scarlett, birthdays and anniversaries have been so important for a girl like Leah. No matter how grown-up she'd become, according to Scarlett, she could never stand her closed ones, forgetting about her special days.

"Happy birthday to the world's most amazing and fantastic friend," Scarlett cheered, taking her steps to her closet as she took out her outfit for the day.

"You're forgiven this time," she huffily replied, making Scarlett chuckle. She knows that her best friend turns childish sometimes and at other times, she is like the most experienced person on the whole planet. Leah continued, "This better be your first and last time. I understand your difficult times, but that doesn't mean you could forget about your one and only BFF," she went back to complaining, making her shake her head in disbelief. She could not be angry for more time either and that is something Scarlett deeply likes about her.

"Lee, I was so worked up these days, it totally got out of my mind and..." she cut her off.
"Okay. I got it," she hissed tediously and further added in a commanding voice, "I certainly want to remind you to be at my place by evening. I'm throwing a big party and by that I mean, a really big one," Leah said from the other side. Scarlett could imagine her wiggling her brows.