Chapter nine

Angel's POV

My phone rang. Why though? Wait, who was even calling?

The twins stopped purring as soon as the silence was disrupted and they began growling lowly instead.

I took my hands from Xander's chest and straightened my back so that I wasn't leaning on Xavier.

I took the phone out of my pocket and looked at the screen.

'Mom'

Oh.

I answered the call and pressed the phone to my ear.

"Hi mom!"

Boys visibly relaxed and hugged me tightly to their chests, breathing onto my neck again so that I barely heard my mom's 'hi honey'.

She was about to say something but I quickly interrupted her.

"Wait mom, can you hold on for a second?"

"Yea, of course."

I pressed the phone to my chest so that I wouldn't speak into the phone.

"Guys, I need some room, you know. I'd really like to talk to my mom, so please?"

They sulkily looked at me, trying to convince me with their puppy-eyes so that they could snuggle me.

"No, your puppy-eyes won't work, I really need some space to talk, okay? You can cuddle me later."

"We can?"

Their eyes brightened visibly.

"Yes, you can, now let me speak to my mom."

They backed away and sat on the couch, still looking at me. I just rolled my eyes at them and raised the phone to my ear.

"Sorry mom, you were about to say something?"

"Oh it's okay, sweetie. I just wanted to ask how you were doing in New York, you know, as you're all alone in the big city and all."

"Yeah, all alone..."

The twins started to growl at that but I shot them a sharp look and they stopped, only narrowing their eyes at me.

"Is something wrong, honey?"

"No no, everything's alright mom. How are you guys doing?"

"Oh we're fine but your dad wants to talk to you."

"Oh okay, give him the phone then."

The twins growled louder than before, their nostrils flaring in anger.

I sent them a look that said 'be quiet!' but they didn't, instead they stood up and ran to me with inhuman speed and Xavier grabbed my phone from me.

He literally growled 'who is it' into it.

I tried to grab my phone but I couldn't because 1) he was way taller than me and 2) Xander was holding me in his arms.

I think my dad said something but it clearly only made Xavier angrier because he was gripping the phone very tightly, almost breaking it.

He just growled 'who is it' again.

Xavier was panting and shaking and I could tell that he was doing his hardest to hold his wolf back.

"Xavier." I called out to him and his gaze instantly snapped to me.

I tried to speak very calmly so that he could relax.

"Xavier, it's my dad. Please give me my phone so that I can talk to my dad."

The growling stopped.