Chapter Five - When the Past Meets the Future

"W-what about him? What have I got to do with him?" I ask, my lip snarling. What is so important that Sebastian would call Ciel by his first name?

"Please, Miss," Sebastian was desperate.

"F-fine," I growl, standing up on my own and pushing the butler's hand away.

"Follow me, Miss," Sebastian asks, and jumps out the window. I follow. Soon, I find myself in a forest, Sebastian in front of me.

"So? What is it?" I demand. To be honest, I'm terrified, but I love the adrenaline.

"The real reason the Young Master and I came to Japan," Sebastian leads me though the wood. For some reason, he grabs my hand.

"Tell me where we are going, Sebastian," I'm nervous. Really nervous. What the heck is going on? Then there are lights. Bright lights. And circus tents. Purple circus tents.

"What? But I thought...?" My hand goes to my mouth. No... This can't be happening!

"I don't know how, but their back. With a some new additions," Sebastian motions to the tents. I walk a little ways, and see the back of it. People moving around. And a few people catch my eye.

"J-Joker... Beast... Peter... Wendy.... Jumbo...!" As I say the names, my voice gets higher in fear. I stumble back. "No..." I see Doll look straight at me, sharpening the end of her umbrella to a sharp point.

My breath hitches. My heart beats faster. My chest feels like its about to burst. "No, no no! This isn't real! This can't be happening!" I exclaim, hiding behind Sebastian. Doll, who is in her circus costume, stands and jumps. Where?! Where did she go?!

"I didn't expect to see you here, Shadow," the voice says behind me.

"No! Leave me alone!" I push Doll back. "T-take me back, Sebastian! Take me back!"

Obliging, Sebastian lifts me to his chest and runs off. I cry into his suit. After about a minute, we stop in front of a fountain in a park.

"Why? Why did you show me this? I thought you hated me!" I exclaim, wiping tears from my eyes.

"I only obey my Master's wishes, but no one said I couldn't help my Mistress. I do not hate you. The Young Master does," Sebastian says.

"I..." I can't think of a reply.

"The Young Master wants to infiltrate the Circus, find out how they are back, alive and well," Sebastian says. I sit on the edge of the fountain. "He also has a plot to overthrow you. He doesn't want you as his successor. He wants me to watch you, so he can kill you."

"W-what?" I look up at the demon, shocked. "Why are you telling me this?"

"You are my Mistress, and I turned you. We have a connection," Sebastian explains. "That, and I'm bored. I need some entertainment."

"Your kidding."

"No," Sebastian thinks for a second. "Are you ever planning on leaving Japan? Returning to England?"

"No. Why?"

"Mey-Rin, Finny, Bard, and Tanaka miss you. As does Miss Elizabeth and Mr. Edward."

"Wait, their still alive? Really?"

"In a way. Mey-Rin had a beautiful daughter, Finny a boy, and Bard twins. Tanaka has a painting hanging in the hall, as he passed a while ago, and the Midford household still holds strong."

I hold back more tears. Of course their dead. How could I have had thought they were even still alive? Of course I'll never see them again. "I might. What are the kids' names and their specialties?"