six - trust

carl

It's not my intention to make Noel jealous... Well, it kind of is. But she really hurt me. She met me early yesterday morning, confessed her love for me, kissed me, went to do business with me, and the whole time she had a boyfriend? It just doesn't seem right. That's not the Noel I know.

Maybe it's all just a lie. But it's all so convincing. I can always tell when she's lying, but this time it's like I'm stuck trying to tell whether it's all a lie or completely true.

I truely love her, I really do. I've loved her since 3rd, maybe 2nd grade. Back then, I called it a crush. Now, it's an obsession. The whole time I was in juvie all I wanted to do was see her. But, she never visited, only called once.

I just want Noel back. I need her.

•••

noel

By lunch, I'm still in a pissy mood. I have to see Travis and Carl both, ugh! Luckily I have Tucker. If it wasn't for him, I don't know what I would do.

Tucker and I sat at our usual lunch table where Travis usually comes to flirt and be the annoying little shit that he is.

"So, how many classes do you have with Carl," Tucker asked, raising his eyebrows as he opened his brown paper lunch bag.

"All of them except study hall. I can't take it. Every class he does something stupid just to piss me off," I complained.

"Want me to kick his ass," Tucker joked, taking a bite from his sandwich.

"He'd kick your ass. Trust me, Carl can fight," I told him.

"Yikes, how long have you guys known eachother, again," he asked.

"Since forever," I rested my head on my hand just as Travis sat down next to me.

"Hey, girlfriend," Travis widened his eyes with a huge smile. Then, he pecked my cheek.

"Okay, no kissing until Carl is in the room. Got it," I demanded. He put his hands up in defence.

"Got it, babe," he said as his eyes shifted to something behind me. "Speak of the devil." I turned my head to look behind me and there stood Carl, of course, and he was walking this way.

"Don't do anything until I signal you," I told Travis, lifting my finger up.

"What's the signal," Travis whispered, but I didn't get to answer before Carl and Nick arrived at our table.

"What's up, Travis," Carl with a big smirk. What is he up to now?

"Hi, uh, Carl, right," Travis asked, sending Carl a slight nod.

"Yeah," Carl said, switching his gaze to me. I quickly turned away and scratched my neck. "Can I talk to you for a sec, Travis?"

"Uh, I guess," Travis chuckled and look to me for permission.

"That's cool," he began to get up, but I had to do something clingy. I grabbed his hand, stopping him. "Can you get me something to eat while your at it?"

"Of course, beautiful," he replied, with a cheesey smile.

"Thanks, baby," I said, sending him a cheesey smile back. Then, he did something I totally wasn't expecting. He bent down and softly pressed his lips against mine. It was a small little peck, but it was totally unexpected. Travis pulled away and walked away with Carl and Nick. I looked over at Tucker and he was stuffing his face with popcorn.

"No one seems to notice that I'm right here," he mumbled through a mouthful of popcorn. "Now I really need to know what happened." I laughed at his silliness and told him everything since the day Carl came back.