Chapter 5

By the looks of things, we were in a fair bit of trouble. I tried to slip past Hunter again but he put his arm out and gave me a warning look.

“Don’t you have anything better to do than follow me around all day?” Hunter asked, giving Seb an exhasperated look.

“Don’t flatter yourself, I’m here to pick Kenzi up,” he shrugged and I noticed frown lines appear on Hunter’s face. “I thought that you might want to spend time with your newest whore,” Seb shrugged after his words, leaving me blushing and very irritated.

“Um, no thank you. Take him with you if you like.” I gave a one shoulder shrug, earning an eye brow raise from Hunter and a smirk from Seb.

“I’ll leave him with you, love. Sorry about that,” he replied confidently until Hunter cleared his throat.

“If you two are finished,” Hunter hissed and I smiled, masking my slight fear. There was a horrific amount of tension and you’d be blind not to see that the two brothers didn’t like each other.

I heard the car doors unlock and Kenzi got out of her side quicker than you can say ‘help’.

“Seb!” she exclaimed, walking over to give him a hug. I widened my eyes whilst Hunter didn’t look in the least surprised.

“Come on, we’re going,” he whispered. I didn’t realise how close Hunter was until his voice and his breath was dancing on my neck below my ear. I felt his hand on my arm, the heat searing through my skin.

“I’ll see you later, Kenz!” I called over Hunter’s shoulder and she nodded with a smile. Seb gave me a wink and a small salute before leading her away.

After sitting down in the front of the car, I huffed, shutting the door beside me. Hunter’s knuckles were white on the wheel and he started the car with more force on the pedal than needed.

“Will you chill out?” I exclaimed after about five minutes of watching him ram buttons on the car and turn corners, muttering curse words under his breath. He glanced over at me from the corner of his eye and sighed, turning the music up to block me out.

“You’re an asshole, you know that?!” I yelled over the music. He just smirked and pulled up outside of the flats. He didn’t even wait for me; he just got out and started walking to the door.

Too irritated to care, I left my bag in the boot and jogged in after him.

“No wonder your brother gets all the girls, have you met you?” I asked after catching him up in the lift and he turned to face me with an annoyed expression.

“Just be quiet,” he whined, leaning back against the wall of the lift. It seemed to groan and worried me that if I leaned against it as well, it would cave in.

“No! You don’t have the right to tell me what to do!” I retorted. I was still rambling on about respect when he leaned over and placed his lips on mine. It took me a moment to register what was going on, mainly because his lips were really soft and he gently pressed his tongue against my lips, asking for permission. I granted it before bringing my teeth down on his tongue. He pulled back and swore, licking his lip.

“Did you just bite me?” he exclaimed, staring at me in utter disbelief. I nodded smugly, crossing my arms over my chest. He didn’t have the right to kiss me. I didn’t know what I was more annoyed about, the fact that he’d kissed me, or the fact that I’d enjoyed it.

“Yes, I did. You do not have the right to kiss me without permission!” I huffed, walking out of the lift and towards our flat.

“You know, I’m beginning to believe that you really are that good little church girl,” he chimed behind me and I spun around to face him.