5

You sat by the stream, a little over a week had passed since the whole masquerade madness. You put your toes in the cool water and just pondered the meaning of life. Which caused you to become overwhelmed so you laid down with an arm across your eyes to block the blinding sun. You had nearly dozed off when you felt something or rather someone watching you. You sat up and looked around, pulling your feet out of the clear water.

"Y/N." Tom said softly, looking at you with sad brown eyes.

"Go away." You refused to look at him.

"You can't keep ignoring me." You ignored him nonetheless. "You can't keep running off either."

"You don't have a say in what I do." You said stubbornly.

"I have every right to have a say, I'm your soon to be king and fiance." You rolled your eyes, fidgeting with your hands. He sat down in the tall grass besides you, sitting cross legged he leaned further and further in front of you until you looked at him. Which happened to make him nearly fall because you completely turned your head to the right and then put your hands in front of your face so you wouldn't have to see him.

"I'm not marrying a liar nor a stranger." You finally spoke to him after minutes had passed. Your breath fanned against his face yet he didn't move in the slightest.

"I didn't lie to you and I'm not a stranger."

"You hid who you were. I'm pretty sure that's called lying. And you are too a stranger. I knew you when I was like five or something. People completely change personalities as they grow and mature."

"Well you still have to give me a chance." You pulled away from him. Standing up and turning on your heel.

"I have to do no such thing." He ran after you, grabbing you by the arms so you couldn't smack him like you wanted to do. "Leave me alone."

"Not until you agree."

"To what?"

"Anything."

"Fine." You snapped, "I'll only agree to be your wife if we first become friends. I don't want to be in a loveless marriage."

"Deal. Oh, and by the way we have about a month until we're married. But that's not my fault."

-_-

Just days before you were to become one. The two of you wanted absolutely nothing to do with wedding details. So you ran off. You let out a squeal as Tom chased you, your heart was pounding. Believe it or not. The two of you were playing tag like small children.

"No!" You screamed as Tom tackled you to the ground. You both ended up in a fit of giggles. You looked up to find yourself pinned underneath him. You just laughed, at his heavy breathing.

"I didn't know you could run that fast in a dress."

"You have lots to learn." He nodded he leaned down, practically lying on top of you.

"You're it." He whispered in your ear before quickly pushing himself up and sprinting away. You shouted at him as you chased him around the field. Eventually you caught up to him, grabbing him by the hand. He smiled.

"I've had enough I can't breathe." You wheezed into his chest as he pulled you into a hug. You felt him vibrate as he let out a tired laugh. He rested his chin upon your head. He started playing with your hair absent-mindedly.

"Y/N?" You looked up at him and he kissed your lips. You pushed him away after a second, cursing in shock. That was the first time he had kissed you. "Ladies shouldn't curse." You looked him in the eye and cursed at him. He just laughed and pulled you into another kiss.

Lol sorry I haven't updated in a life time I've been so busy and tired when I'm not busy and this is just a bunch of excuses