Chapter 7: Good News Abound

Draco's mind was whirling. He was on his way to the astronomy tower - well he thought so at least - when he was reminded that he had his next class with Ravenclaws. Speaking of Ravenclaws, how come that's all he could see on his way up the tower, but they were coming down. How curious. Thought Draco. It wasn't until he got to the top that he realized that this was, in fact, Ravenclaw tower.

He saw a girl with platinum hair crouching next to the door, sobbing. "Druna?" He said. The girl looked up. Sure enough, green, bloodshot eyes looked at him, clearly angry, yet relieved. "Draco?" She said. "What are you doing here?" "I got a bit confused on my way to the astronomy tower. What are you doing out here?" "I answered the door wrong, and all of my fellow housemates are too stuck up to let me in." Draco was confused. "What about Nova? She would've let you in." "She never came back." He seemed to black out from shock. What had he done? "Where was she last?" "The girls room, why?" "That's where I'm headed."

Draco darted off. When he reached the bathroom, sure enough, he heard a small cry. He went to the stall that was the sourcee. He slowly pushed open the door, but it was not Nova. "Ah! Who are you?" It was a ghost. She advanced on him as he stumbled backwards. "I'm moaning Myrtle. Who are you?" "Draco Malfoy. Have you seen the girl that was in here? I mean, where did she go?" "Which one? The one in love with a dragon kid, or the one with all the rocks in her bag. "Dragon one." "Oh, it was awful." Said Myrtle. Draco feared the worst, scared she killed herself. "She was distraught. Telling about a dragon boy. A blind one. After her friend left, she said she was going to talk to her other friends, a flame of some sort, I think. Another one too. Um, Cheyenne. I don't think that was it." "Blaise and Shane?" "Yes, yes, that was it." "Thank you Myrtle." Said Draco. "Any time." Replied Myrtle. "And, if you feel like killing yourself, you can visit me." She winked. "I will. Goodbye." And with that he left.

+++

He headed to the Slythering common room. Inside he ran into Apple. "Hey." She said. "Where are you going?" She would murder him if she knew the truth. "I'm looking for Blaise and Shane. I-I think they tok my divination homework. Have you seen them?" "Yeah, they're in your dormitories. " He kissed Apple. "Thanks, sweetheart." He ran to his room, sure enough, all three of them were right there. They all looked at him with burning hatred. "Take a look at this creature." Said Blaise. "Foreign to what we call friendship, the typical term here is a douchebag." "But, the scientific term is a Malfoy." Continued Nova. "I know." Draco admitted. "I was a jerk." He walked toward them. "I'm so sorry, I was just so angry. I was happy and you took that happiness, but that was truly a Malfoy move." "Yeah." The three of them said in unison. "Will you forgive me?" Blaise, Shane, and Nova joined in a huddle to mess with him. They talked in gibberish terms for a couple moments, then ejected themselves from the circle.

"We've decided to forgive you." Said Nova. Draco became very relieved. "If-" He tensed up. "You tell us what Apple said." "Of course." He started. "Well, I got very excited and I just looked her right in the face and said 'Will you marry me?'. She returned my gaze and answered with 'Will you turn me human?'." The others gasped. "Well, I was so stunned, I didn't know what to do. So when she saw me struggling, she told me it was a simple yes-or-no. Then I picked her up. I said 'Apple, why would you want to be human? You're perfect the way you are. So for your own good.' I said 'No, I will not turn you human. But I still love you. Will you marry me?'. Then she answered." Blaise, Nova, and Shane leaned. Draco leaned in also, then he opened his mouth and said. "My throat's dry, I need some water." "DRACO!" Shouted Nova. "Alright, alright. Ahe said-" Draco coughed. "You know, I can't finish the story without some water." Nova was steaming. "You want water? Alright I'll get you water. Aguementi." A wave of water hit him right in the face, but not one bit of it enetered his mouth. "See," He said. "Now, was that so hard?"