Chapter 25

Unedited, minor errors. But still, enjoy.

Soft clicks and rasping tickled her ears as her body refused to rise off the soft mattress she was on. Her body felt as if it were sandwiched between another heavy mattress with cotton in her ears and mouth.

Rosalinda managed to get here eyes to open only to regret it. The sun stung her hypersensitive eyes causing them to water. The pain did make her roll over and rub them with heavy hands.

Once her vision was back, she had to regain back her other senses. Especially balance, her body seemed to be drunk and sloppy while her mind screamed to wake up. Scanning the large room, lace seemed to cover almost everything.

Wow, she didn't remember Leon having a room like this.

Managing her weight she used her shoulder as an anchor to push off the bed and slid to the floor. On wobbly legs, she locked her knees and used the bed frame as a crutch.

"Good you're awake." Rosalinda knew for a fact that that wasn't Leon and that she wasn't in his house anymore.

*

Carla whimpered with her hands over her face. Antoni with red eyes and a nose to match tried to console his wife.

As if she cared. The woman only cared for herself and herself only, bulldozing anyone who got in her way and laughed while doing it.

"For the last time, it was him," Leon growled as he pinched the bridge of his nose. The more he explained what had occurred over the past couple of hours, they looked at him as if his explanation was ludicrous; that instead, it should be him behind bars and not that blamed assailant.

Rey was in the corner off talking to someone over the phone in a hushed tone. He paced and would often glare at Leon and continue to talk.

"He has an alibi." The detective stated.

Of course, he fucking did. Just what he needed.

Leon was done dealing with imbeciles who clearly didn't know what they were doing. If he was going to get her back he was going to have to do it himself.

Only he didn't have the first clue as to where to start looking. He hadn't received any more phone calls or emails about her. Leon craved to know how she was doing? Was she alright? Was she even alive?

No of course she was, but what does he want with her? To get back at him? To hurt her? Use her? Hasn't Rosalinda been through enough? Not only having to deal with the bullshit he put her through but also everyone else's.

Letting his fist strike the table he rose up to leave only to be stopped by the one person he didn't need to see.

"I was called in for questioning. I'm so sorry about Rosalinda, I had no idea." The brim of her eyes began to water. "She's my sister too."

Leon hissed as if her touch burned him.

Leon didn't think twice and snatched the model by the arm and brought her to the side, away from prying ears.

"You want money? Is that it?" He growled.

Marsha tilted her head to the side acting as if she didn't have the slightest idea. His blood boiled; tired of the innocent victim act Marsha seemed to excel in.

"Forget it, once either one of you slip up I will know and choke you with my bare hands if anything happens to Rosalinda," Leon threatened. "I don't give a shit as to what happens to you. If you get killed or put in jail during the process better for me, my daughter will be far from you and I'll never have to deal with your rank ass anymore."