Assassin's Bride Chp18

I loved writing this chapter. Hope u all enjoy it . Pic of Wade on the side.

________________________________________________________

~*~ Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes ~*~*

*Faith*

The man gave a naughty smile and I leaped to my feet. "Hello," I replied bluntly. He stood on his foot while the other upwards, the toe of his shoe slightly dug in the grass.

"What a beautiful place to meet a gorgeous lady like yourself," he flirted. I did not respond instead frowned at him. Where is Cloud? Who is this man and how did he get here? Horror crawled at my throat but I did not permit it to be displayed on my face. The man smirked, "Who are you?" he added his smirk dimmed a little, inquisitive.

"Faith," was all I uttered and let my hands fall on my sides, not desiring to give this stranger more details, but there was something about him which seemed so familiar, the only issue was I could not pin point it.

"Oh the Faith," he laced his fingers. "Sir Cloud's fiancé, wonderful to meet you," he said, his eyes scrutinizing me with an uncanny intensity.

"You know Cloud?" I demanded.

He stood on his feet now and gave a nod, "Yes, as a matter of fact we go way back, we are buddies. Ah those old days we had with girls,"

I raised a brow, "You have?" and questioned.

"Oh yes, Cloud being the handsome man he is, ladies fall on his feet," he declared and hooked his thumbs in his belt loops.

Why should I believe what a stranger informs me, but I felt my insides sting with jealousy, as if a sharp needle was thrust in my heart. "Why should I believe you?" I voiced my thoughts and he chortled which made the sides of his eyes wrinkle.

"I might be a stranger to you but to Cloud I defiantly am not," he apprised in a tone which pressurized me to over think on what he commented.

"Still I have a hard time," I retorted.

"Very well, whatever floats your boat but remember it can sink in water as well," he chuckled at his own joke, here I got irked, and crossed my arms prepared to spit a reply that swam with venom.

"Isn't this fellow here charming, Faith?" came Cloud's voice. I glanced over my shoulder at him. I didn't know when he got here or how I didn't hear him approach. I then took note of a bottle and glasses he had in his right hand, my eyes met his and I was stupefied to encounter his smile, a smile so bright and joyful it kindled veins of my heart so it picked up its beat.

He placed what was in his hands on the bench and walked towards the man. "He is?" I asked. "I don't know," murmured looking at him then at the stranger.

"Whose boat will sink in water?" Cloud investigated and I spoke the same time. "How long have you been standing there?" my voice held a tone of amazement.

"Quite a while," he smiled at me, and then looked at the stranger to answer him.

"Man I was just saying how strong your boat is," the man explained.

"You are comparing me with a boat?" I delivered my thoughts a bit loudly.

"No, of course not," he winked. I gaped at him dumbfounded by his deranged behavior.

"That's enough Wade," Cloud unveiled the stranger's identity. "Faith," he turned to me, a smile still plastered on his lips "This is my younger brother, Wade," he added. Now that I pay attention to their features they looked so much alike.