Chapter 8

Hey guys! Sorry about the wait! But I'll try to get out a couple more chapters today to make up for it!

8 votes for the next chapter please!

And thank you for all of your amazing comments, I hope you like this chapter! Remember, the story is up to you! So don't forget to let me know where you want it to go after this chapter :)

xoxo Andrea

8.

Rafael and I arrive at The Pier twenty minutes later, it's well known as one of the swankiest venues in Bayview. With its waterfront view and gorgeous façade, it's not hard to see why.

We join the throng of medical students and their partners heading into the building, it's aglow in the evening light with a warmth spilling out from the open doors.

"Well, this isn't how I thought I'd end up spending my Sunday night." I mumble, taking a second to let the event sink in as we approach the door.

I catch Rafael smiling down at me in the dark, "Well, I'm glad you could make it."

"Yeah, especially on such late notice...so, did your original partner bail on you?"

It takes him a few seconds to reply, and by that time, we're almost at the entrance.

"No."

He busies himself by getting us checked off the guest-list, before escorting me through the doors and into the most beautiful room I've ever seen.

I momentarily forget what I'm about to say, as I take in the jaw dropping interior of The Pier. It's been decked out in twinkling nights to accompany that chandeliers that drip down from its lofty ceiling. The wooden floor has been pristinely polished and the room is abuzz with hundreds of students and their partners. Plus, it smells amazing, from the white bouquets flourished around the venue and the trays of bite sized food being carried around by waiters.

The soft chuckle passing Rafael's lips is what brings me back to the question I was going to ask him.

"Why did you invite me last night then?"

He sighs and leads me over to one of the large tables in the room, where a couple of other people are sitting. Three perfectly dressed girls and their partners.

"I'll tell you everything in a couple of minutes, alright? I just need to say hi to some people."

I nod once, I guess it can wait.

"Raffe!" One of the girls at the table squeals, she looks very similar to one of the other girls seated beside her. Both with their blonde hair pulled back and their dresses different variations and colours of the same style.

Rafael smiles at everyone as he holds a chair out for me, before taking a seat himself. I appreciate the small gesture.

"Emmie." He grins, acknowledging the girl, "You look amazing. You all do actually, it's nice you see you guys!"

"Likewise!" Emmie chirps, "Now, who have you got with you there?"

She looks over at me, a curious expression on her face.

"Oh!" Rafael starts, "This is Sam. Sam, this is Emmie and Delilah Carraway and Aura La Rogue. And their partners, some of my good mates, Hunter, Caleb and Dylan."