Chapter 5

Legolas

Word soon go out, that there was an elfling in Rivendell, so it wasn't surprising that Lady Galadriel, Haldir, and Legolas of Mirkwood soon made an appearance in Rivendell. They all wanted to see the elfling to confirm what they already knew was true.

Even so they could not hold back the surprised looks on their faces. Legolas immediately made his way to the child's side. "Will he be ok Lord Elrond?" he asked quietly as if not to wake the boy. Lord Elrond looked at the sight before him and almost smiled.

Seeing legolas like this was something no one had ever seen.

"He should be waking up soon, I hope his injuries have not caused him to much trouble."

"Do you know who did this to him?" Lady Galadriel asked. "No" Lord Elrond replied, "I dearly hope it was not the orcs, however if it was not the orcs than who. No elf would ever hurt a child much less their own"

"No" Haldir replied "it couldn't have been an elf. The child's parents must be dead."

Lord Elrond new it was probably true, there was only the mystery of how they never heard of him. Word had come from Thranduil that there were no known elves who had gone missing, who could have been the parents. Lady Galadriel had no idea either.

They would have to wait for the child to wake up.

........................................

Legolas ran a hand through the child's hair while he slept. He looked to beautiful. Even though the child had not been cleaned extensively you could still see the child's fair skin.

He had a small pointed nose and long dark eyelashes. Legolas desperately wanted to know what the child's eye color was. He could hear Lord Elrond speaking with Lady galadriel and Haldir.

They were wondering about the child, but legolas knew none of the questions they were asking were going to be answered until the child was awake. He hoped that would be soon.

.........................................

It had been five day since the child had arrived and he had still not awoken. Everyone was hoping and praying that it would be soon. Over the five days the boy had many visitors, the twins Elladan and Elohir would visit often.

They would help clean and redress the child's wounds every now and then. Lord Elrond came to visit early each morning and would sometimes stay for a few hours. Estel Lord Elrond's adopted human son would also come to visit every few hour.

Lady Galadriel and Haldir would visit every now and then. They did worry about the child, however they could not spend each waking hour near his bedside. Legolas was the only one who stayed most of the day with him.

He would eat meals next to his bead and not with everyone else. If you went by the child's room you would often see legolas holding the boy's hand gently in his own.

It was around noon time Legolas and Estel were sitting next to each other beside the boy's bed. Estel and legolas had been good friends ever since Estel was young. They both deeply cared about the boy before them.

Suddenly legolas sat up straight, almost scarring Estel out of his chair. They both quickly glanced in the boy's direction and noticed that he was starting to stir. "Quick Estel go get your ada." Not needing to be told twice Estel ran to his father's study.

"Ada come quick the child has stirred." At those words Lord Elrond swiftly followed his son. They entered the room and quickly made their way to the boy's side.

Child's Pov

It was warm that's the first thing I remember. I was laying on something very comfortable. I almost thought I was dead. I slowly opened my eyes, immediately shutting them due to the harsh bright light. I heard some murmurs of some kind in the background, but I couldn't make out what was being said.

I slowly started to open my eyes again and this time it was easier, the room seemed a little bit dimmer, but not that much. As my eyes started to adjust I noticed three figures standing around me. Not knowing what to do I just stared at them.

The one closest to me was in one word beautiful, I had never seen anyone like this before. The man had Long blond hair and light blue eyes. He smiled at me and that smile was gorgeous and so kind. I didn't realize I was staring until I heard one of the other people in the room say something.

This man had long hair as well, only it was brown as well as his eyes. "Hello little one, are you ok." I didn't know what he was saying, I wish I did. "Little one can you understand me." Said the third man.

He like the second had brown hair and brown eyes only his hair only reached shoulder length. I nodded my head understanding him. "What is your name little one?" I immediately replied "boy" That is what I ad always been called by my aunt and uncle, so I figured that's what they meant. The men around me all seemed angry for some reason, had I upset them, where they going to hurt me? The blond must have seen the look in my eyes and relaxed his face. "Don't be afraid little one, we are not angry with you." For some reason I believed him. He seemed so kind, like he would never hurt me and that made me happy.