Chapter || 11

Sunday came quicker than expected. Jace took Cal to the park to help him with lacrosse, so I decided to take Halie over to my house so I could pick up some more stuff from my room.

I took out my key and opened the front door. I promptly covered Hallie's ears and yelled, "I'm home, asshole."

"Lexi!" Tyler exclaimed and ran down the stairs to meet me, "I haven't seen you in forever!!"

He was such a drama queen.

"Tyler, it hasn't even been a week since I've last seen you," I said chuckling as he squeezed me in a hug.

"Lexieeeee, I'm thirsty," Hal whined interrupting Tyler and me.

"And I'm Friday, let's meet on Saturday and have a Sunday." Tyler yelled in a sing songy voice.

"Okay Hal, let me get you something from the kitchen." I reassured her.

"You are so cute!" Tyler exclaimed with a gleam in his eyes. Oh no.

Tyler loved kids. I mean he loved them.

I got a cup from the kitchen and filled it with water.

I walked back in and Tyler was lying on the ground in pain as Hallie repeatedly kicked him in the balls.

"What happened here?" I asked stifling a laugh.

"Jace told me if anyone ever touched me and I didn't like it to kick the back of their knees and then kick them in this area." Hallie said as she kicked Tyler again to demonstrate.

"What did he do?" I asked worriedly.

"All I did was pinch her cheeks." Tyler said in a pained voice, "she's so cute."

"I am not cute!" Hallie said stomping her foot on his hand.

Poor Tyler.

"Here's your water Hallie." I said handing it to her. She walked away from Tyler and sat on our couch.

"Hey Lex," Tyler questioned me,"Do you want to go get dinner with me at Gina's Pizza? I had a date but she cancelled so now I don't have any plans."

"Tyler, you know that I'm working tonight, I have to make dinner for Cal, Hallie, and Jace."

"Jace is a big boy, I'm pretty sure he can handle making dinner and letting you hang out with me tonight," He snickered.

"Do you just wanna come with us and hang out at the Johnson's tonight?" I offered.

"If you insist." Tyler sighed and went to go get his phone.

I grabbed Hallie's hand and walked up the stairs to pack a bag.

I packed an old duffle and threw in ten Outfits, a blanket and all of my toiletry stuff.

Then we walked downstairs and saw Tyler waiting patiently and frowning at his phone.

"Ty-ty," I spoke, "You ready?"

"Ty-ty?" Hallie asked, "I like it."

"Nooooo!" Tyler groaned, "not her too."

<><><><><><>

Five hours later, and we were sitting in a very tense atmosphere during dinner.

Cal and Jace had arrived home sweaty and tired, so they both took showers. At the time, neither were aware of Tyler.

Jace came down first and saw Tyler in the living room with Hallie. His fist clenched up, his shoulders tensed and he shot me a glare.