Four

Dan woke up at exactly 2:37 pm. It was the latest he had ever slept and it most likely had to do with the fact he had crashed later than usual.

  He groaned, then kicked the covers off and slid out of the bed. Grabbing his phone off the bedside table, he padded into the kitchen sleepily. He got a bowl and spoon and made himself some cereal, which he ate at the counter. As he took the first bite, his phone started to ring.

  Now this was something because no one ever called him except his mum once in a while, and she never called at this time. He picked up the phone and saw it was an unknown number. Probably a mix up.

  "Hello?" he answered hesitantly.

  "Hi." said a male voice on the other side. "Is this, uh, Dan Howell?"

   "Yeah...."

  "Oh, good! Thought it was the wrong number... Um, it's Phil, from last night? Or morning... "

  Dan choked on his cereal and dropped his phone on the counter. How the hell had Phil gotten his phone number? He stared at the phone, and heard Phil's voice faintly. He picked it up and put  it to his ear.

  ".....bit creepy, I know, but I'm not a stalker or anything! It was honestly a lucky coincidence." Phil rambled on.

  "I don't mean to be rude," Dan interrupted, "but how did you get my number exactly?"

  Phil laughed. "It's kind of a weird story." he said.

  Apparently, when Phil had gone home after their encounter, he had gone onto Tumblr for a bit longer, and that's when he found out that he had followed Dan. ("I might have stalked you for a bit on their, not much.") He'd continued to try and find him on various other social media, and had stumbled across his facebook page. He'd gotten his number from there and waited to call him all afternoon.

  "You went through all that trouble just to get my phone number?" Dan asked, amused, when Phil had finished.

  "I wasn't just trying to get your number! It just worked out that way. Besides, you know you want to talk to me." Phil said in a taunting voice.

  Dan laughed into the phone, but Phil didn't even know how true that was. He'd been dying  to see Phil, to talk to him, to just listen to him. This was all very new to him, he'd never been too attached to people and never had a real 'friend' before.

"Hey, I've actually got to go." Phil said. "I've only slept for like three hours, I just wanted to see if I had the right number. But I'll l call you later, yeah?"

  "Yeah." Dan answered, a bit disappointed that Phil had to go.

  "Right, bye!" Phil said cheerfully, yawning and then hanging up.

  Dan instantly saved Phil's number into his phone. He was grinning widely, and his face kinda hurt, but it was impossible to stop. Phil actually wanted to talk to him. He wanted to be friends. He had his number.

  Dan emptied his bowl and cleaned it, putting it away carefully.

  If Phil did call later, maybe he'd ask him to meet at the coffee shop again. It had been very fun when it was just the two if them, not having to worry about people listening to their conversation. He'd ask, when Phil called.

                     ***********
A/N:
  Very short, I know, but I couldn't do much with this chapter. It won't always be like this, swear...