C H A P T E R T W E N T Y

-

-

"Xerxes has her locked up inside their chamber. He knows that there's something going on in his castle."

"And so he finally notices. If I'm being quite honest, he's slowly losing his touch. I don't understand what you still want with him, my friend."

"He's my savior, and I'll be repaying him by eternally being his."

"Your way of thinking never ceases to surprise me."

-

                    All couldn't let themselves be kept stoically maintained when the beast king had hurriedly left, leaving an empty pitcher of wine and a bewildered council, pushing the doors so violently it hit the walls with a loud bang, causi...

                    All couldn't let themselves be kept stoically maintained when the beast king had hurriedly left, leaving an empty pitcher of wine and a bewildered council, pushing the doors so violently it hit the walls with a loud bang, causing them to flinch in an instant.

It wasn't even a second later that they've heard the nomad lycan's deep chuckle resonate around the room. Some of his audience stared at him in disgust whilst others, including Colbert and Eztli, looked at him in faint amusement.

"And why are you laughing, mutt?" Cecelia snarled with a show of her teeth.

Damian smirked at the irritated she-wolf. "You lot may be known to this country to be the powerful of the most powerful of your respective specie, but anyone can see how much you fear your king."

"He is your king as well, lycan." One of the oldest elites, a bear shifter, said from his place.

"He's no king of mine." He scoffed and propped his feet up on the table. "Besides, I have nothing to fear from him. I'm not the one who's plotting to betray the beast," he grinned maliciously. "am I?"

All of them glanced warily at each other and sat stiffly on their seats. They were all hiding something, that, everyone is sure of. A secret that would cost them their heads but to some, it was a risk that they were willing to take. They've been ruled over by Xerxes for centuries. And another century they could not take anymore. They had the right to be called the reigning king or queen of their own land, being a lord or a lady is, and will always be, never enough.