Chapter 46

"I wonder how your dad is getting on," Hunter sighed and fell back against his bed. Today has been a rather stressful one and his shoulders hurt from being so tense.

"I feel like he might cave in and tell mum everything," Jacob said quietly and shuffled up the bed. He rested his back against the wall as Hunter propped himself up and onto his elbows.

"And then he'll turn up here and we'll have to tell someone else everything again."

Jacob was tired and was still trying to settle his thoughts. He could barely believe that his dad hid such important information for so long.

Hunter then held out his arm with a smile.

"Come here."

Jacob stopped and watched him. He was fidgeting as always.

"Um-"

"I just want to lie with you," Hunter chuckled, seeing his hesitation. Jacob bit his bottom lip and slowly scooted over. He was craving his touch.

When their bodies touched, Jacob laid down next to him. He rested the back of his head against Hunter's arm and his nose was instantly filled with his addictive scent.

"I know you haven't stopped thinking about everything. But it's nice now that William knows too. You're getting more support and I'm glad."

Jacob turned so he was facing Hunter. Their heads were close but it was easier to accept their relationship than it was to accept his godly status.

"I feel really bad for him. We should have known that Alisha was going to turn on him."

Hunter watched his mouth as he spoke.

"We should have expected it. But there has been too much going on. I'm glad we have finally got answers, though."

"Me too."

They both sat in silence and studied each other. They could hear muffled voices outside the room. William and all of Hunter's pack were here. Flora had done her best to describe who Jacob really was in the wolf world but poor William couldn't really keep up.

Sam was better now that his wound was stitched up and bandaged. Margo gave him strong painkillers as he listened to Flora but it wasn't sinking in. He was feeling a little disoriented when his parents came to pick him up, due to the antibiotics. They were not happy about him being hurt and Margo didn't tell them the whole story of what happened. It was too complicated.

"Have you thought more about talking with Brad?" Jacob whispered. Their faces were close, he had no other reason to talk louder.

"I've tried not to," Hunter sighed. "I guess I should. I don't have a Delta wolf anymore and that position needs to be filled." He watched Jacob's cocoa-coloured eyes. They were so beautiful and expressed a lot of emotion.

"How will you find someone for that?"

"Interviewing and testing them on training days to see if they're fit for the role. We're actually having one on Saturday if you want to come? I want to see how strong you are."

"I'm not very strong,"

"You're a God Jacob, you'll probably be stronger than every wolf after the lunar cycle."

"Stronger than you?"

Hunter blinked slowly.

"Maybe."

"You mean, yes?" Humour glistened in Jacob's eyes.

"I mean maybe," Hunter grinned and rolled over so he was on top of him. "I'm an Alpha-"