one hundred fifty

Lauren climbs into the passenger's seat of her car, Camila buckling in beside her before pulling out of the driveway. It wasn't even that Camila needed the car for errands, it was just a rhythm they'd fallen into over the past few weeks. Lauren and Camila would wake up at the same time, Lauren would make breakfast or they would go out to eat, Camila would drop Lauren off at work, and she'd pick her up when the day was over.

Lauren preferred this to her previous schedule, which had included a lot of waking up and moving around the house by herself, and coming home to find that Camila had already accidentally fallen asleep on the couch watching Netflix.

Lauren is about to ask about where they should go to dinner, before her phone begins to buzz in her pocket. She pulls it out, seeing a call from Halsey and picking up almost immediately; if she was calling so soon before work, it had to be important. Or it meant Lauren hadn't been answering her messages, but she'd barely been on her phone since last night.

"Hey." Lauren greets, earning a glance from Camila as her voice cuts through the soft music playing from the radio.

"Lauren, you need to help me." Halsey's voice comes through the other line, the sounds of the city and her quick-breathing filling Lauren's ear.

"What's wrong?" Lauren's brows furrow, and she leans forward in her seat. Camila gives her a concerned look before returning her eyes to the road.

"I missed the fucking bus, and there's somewhere important I need to be before work." Halsey grumbles into the phone, clearly irritated. "Can you come pick me up? I'm on Sunset Boulevard."

"Alright, we'll be there in a minute." Lauren mumbles the street name to Camila, who immediately starts looking for the best route off the street they were currently on. She hangs up with Halsey, and they reach her in a few minutes. She climbs into the back seat when they pull up, exchanging greetings with the two of them.

"So, where do we need to go before work?" Lauren questions, taking a sip of her coffee.

"The sheriff station. My girlfriend is in holding again."

---

Dua rolls over onto her back, shielding her eyes with her arm to block the light that was now flooding the cell. The smell had gotten undeniably worse overnight, and the janitors still hadn't arrived to clean up Ally's mess. Lucy was starting to think the cop was keeping the janitors away on purpose, just to fuck with them.

Ally moans, rolling onto her back as well. She blinks up at Lucy, reaching up to rub her eyes tiredly. "What.. happened?" Ally groans out.

"You got a tiny bit drunk and tried to fight a security guard." Lucy mutters softly, playing with Ally's hair.

"Okay... that explains why I'm here. Did you hold the guard back for me or something?"

"No." Lucy chuckles, helping Ally sit up. "I didn't want you to be alone so I got myself thrown in too." She explains, earning a loving smile from Ally in response.

"Stop being cute or there's going to be another puddle of barf on the floor." Dua speaks up, her morning voice coming out particularly raspy. Ally grimaces when she sees the mess she made, pulling Lucy further down the bench to get away from it.

"Lipa!" The cop snaps from the cell door, putting in the key and sliding it open. "Your girlfriend's here."

"Thank god." She pushes herself up off the bench, giving the two a look before parading out the entrance. Lucy sighs, wrapping an arm around Ally's shoulders as the cop slides the door back into place, the click signaling the lock sounding throughout the cell.

Lucy thinks they'd been abandoned until a few minutes later when the cop returns, announcing that they're free to go. Lucy helps Ally up, feeling bad for doubting Dua. They're lead back out to the front of the station after collecting their belongings, Lucy nearly shitting her pants when she sees who's standing by the door.

"Lucy? Ally?" Lauren bursts out into laughter. "Oh my god, this is so good. I wish Dinah was here to see this."

"I can already see her titling the video, 'jesus goes to prison!'" Camila mocks beside her, the two nearly in tears. Lucy recognizes Halsey, who was standing beside the two holding hands with Dua. They don't laugh, but their smirks were enough to show that they were clearly amused.

"Yeah, yeah. Shut up." Lucy glares at the two. "Can you just take us home, please?"

"Sorry, no room in the car." Lauren shrugs indifferently. "We weren't anticipating running into you two at the sheriff's station, and there isn't enough room in my car. We'll give you money for the bus, though."

"I can't believe... you know what, I wasn't even expecting to get this far anyway, so I don't really care." Lucy holds out her hand expectantly, making Lauren laugh.

"Oh my, you dramatic ass, I was kidding. Camz will come get you after she drops all of us off, Halsey and I have to get to work. Just chill for a like ten minutes." Lauren waves a dismissive hand in their direction, heading for the door.

Lucy turns to Ally once they're all gone. "So, maybe we should stick to partying with the girls from now on?"

***