Not Evil, Just Misdirected

Arashi finally made it out of the interrogation department, and ran into pure chaos. Ninja from the hidden leaf and sound were fighting in the streets.

He didn't have his sword but the anbu didn't realize his ring was a weapon as well. He's have to make due.

"Help!" A little kid yelled out.

Arashi saw a kid with brown hair and blue scarf being chased by a sand ninja with a sword.

Just as the ninja swung his sword Arashi moved.

In a fraction of the sound ninjas sword swing, Arashi had crossed the distance and kicked the man in the chest. As the sound ninja flew back Arashi caught the sword easily. "Picking on a kid? Pathetic."

The kid looked at Arashi's back in awe.

Arashi spun the sword in his fingers as he approached the Sound ninja. The sound ninja pushed himself to his feet. "You little shit!" He tried to punch Arashi but the boy caught his fist easily, then used the sword to nail the man's foot to the ground and deliver a powerful blow to the man's throat, crushing it. A painful way to die.

Arashi glanced back towards the kid. "You're in the middle of a battle, brat. I won't berate you for doing it but this is above your level, get outta here."

The kid shook his head furiously. "I can't!"

"Why? What's worth losing your life over?" Arashi's blue eyes met his.

The kid looked down. "My friend Moegi is out here, I can't go back without her!"

Arashi briefly thought back to Kira demanding they go back for their other teammate during a mission. He's wanted to go on without him rather than risk the mission. Kira left Arashi to save their teammate. After thinking about it Arashi gave up on the mission and saved Kira and his teammate.

"I won't leave her!" The kid went to turn away but Arashi caught his arm.

"I'll help you." Arashi smiled at the kid.

The kid grinned back. "I'm Konohamaru."

"Arashi. Let's go, kid." Then Arashi followed the boy through the crowd, intercepting threats by either blasting enemies with blue flames or absorbing ninjutsu with his ring.

Arashi turned at the sound of the earth trembling. A building was galling towards him! A woman was about to be crushed and then it'd hit him and Konohamaru. Shit!

He could get Konohamaru out of the way but he doubted he could get the woman.

Kira would want him to try.

Arashi shoved Konohamaru, then turned and blasted forward. He propelled himself forward by blasting blue fire from his feet like a rocket.

He grabbed the woman, moving to fast to be gentle, and carried her out. Some rubble collided with his back, ending pain throughout his body.

Arashi spun before he hit the ground and used his body to shield the woman.

When he landed he shoved her off of him and ran towards the building, leaping over it easily.

Arashi caught up to Konohamaru, who was rubbing a bunch of scrapes on his knees and elbows. "What'd ya do that for?"

"Sorry, kid. Had to." Arashi helped him to his feet, then caught a familiar spike in chakra.

He looked out in the distance. He could see a giant sand creature battling a giant nine tailed fox. "So he released his demon..." Arashi glared. I could kill him right now...

He looked at Konohamaru. Dammit... I can't leave him...

He looked in the direction of Naruto, then made the decision to help Konohamaru. "C'mon kid, that girl is out here somewhere."

"Yeah boss!"