Chapter 11

It was Camila's first match and she was nervous as heck. The school's soccer team was one of the most prestigious in the nation and so they were allowed a day off to get ready for the match. Camila had texted Lauren earlier that she wanted to ride her bike to school to freshen up before she arrived.

She put on her helmet before kissing her mother's cheeks as a farewell. She said her goodbye to Sofi and threw her banana peel into the nearest trash can. Once she was out the door, she jumped in surprise when she saw a grumpy dark haired girl on her bicycle with her black helmet on, constantly stretching and yawning.

"Lauren, what the fuck?" Camila asked but Lauren put out her finger, asking Camila to wait for a response. She drank some milk out of her bottle and then wiped her face with some wet wipes.

"I'm tired as fuck, in case you haven't noticed." Lauren finally spoke. They were an hour early than usual. When Camila texted her the other day, telling her that she was going to leave alone early in the morning, Lauren laughed to herself. There was no way in hell she was going to let Camila leave alone.

"Go back to bed." Camila told as she got on her own bike.

"I refuse to break tradition." Lauren explained, shaking her head.

"Lauren, you got a kiss on the lips. It was far from infinity, but you got it. Now, go back to bed, your eyes are telling me you need to sleep." Camila rubbed Lauren's hair before checking her helmet once more.

"And my lips are telling you to shut up. And my hands and legs are telling me to start riding this bike beside you and make sure you arrive to school safely." Lauren rolled her eyes and started riding in the direction of their school, while Camila chuckled to herself and followed closely behind.

Once the pair arrived at school, Lauren had time to kill so she decided to follow Camila to practice. Normani was confused when she saw the black haired girl walk in the room, the last time Lauren woke up this early was- no cross that, she never woke up this early.

"What's the swamp thing doing here?" Normani greeted as her best friend and her teammate walked in the room. Camila chuckled at the nickname while Lauren just untangled her messy hair with her hands.

"I'm being a supportive friend." Lauren replied. Camila had already changed into her jersey but she opened her locker to store her bag. Lauren saw a spare kit and her eye widened comically.

"Camz, can I wear your jersey for today? You know, to show school spirit and that shit." Lauren asked and took Camila by surprise. She didn't know what to reply as Normani smirked at the pair from the side.

"I mean, it's only fair since you have hers." Normani teased as she left the pair on their own. She hid behind the other row of lockers to eavesdrop, praying to God that Lauren would act like the cute shit that Normani know she can be.

"I guess." Camila shrugged, handing the jersey to her.

"In five, c'mon!" The coach called out and the girls hurried out to the field. Lauren watched as the girls pour out of the room, except for Camila, who stood frozen, looking at the floor.

"You're gonna do great, I promise." Lauren assured, giving her a tight hug. It took a while for Camila to get out of her trance but when she did, she quickly gave the older girl an equally tight hug.

"I know you've been nothing but supportive and you might be busy and-"

"Stop. Camila, just tell me, what is it?"

"Will you come and watch the match?" Camila requested and she didn't think she ever saw such a wide grin form from Lauren's lips.

"Camz, you didn't have to ask."