[ two ] you're a werewolf, scott

c h a p t e r   t w oyou're a werewolf, scott

you're a werewolf, scott

As soon as the game had finished, Harper was stood outside the boys locker room, waiting for a particular hazel eyed boy. She tapped her foot anxiously, biting her lip every time a minute went by.

It was already half five, the sun was due to set in half an hour. She promised her grandma that she would be home at five and she didn't want to break any promises with her anymore.

The door swung open, her two best friends walking out with grins on their faces.

"Finally!" Harper sighed. "Can you drop me off home now?"

Stiles nodded and they began to walk out the car park. As soon as they reached the blue jeep, she climbed inside, going over the seats and into the back. Scott sat in the passenger seat while Stiles sat in the drivers, obviously. Stiles never lets anyone drive his jeep. Not even his dad.

Harper began to daydream, only stopping when she looked out of the window and realised where they were.

"You've gone past my house, Sti." Her dark eyebrows knitted together in confusion, sitting up from where she had been leaning against the window.

"I know." Stiles nodded. "But we need to go and find Scott's inhaler. He dropped it when he saw the dead body."

Harper unlocked her phone to look at the time. Her heart almost dropped.

17:44

Not only was she late home, but she was probably now going to find the dead body that Scott had mentioned this morning. And not just a dead body- half a dead body.

There was no point in protesting. She knew Stiles wouldn't turn around now, not even if she pulled her classic puppy dog eyes and shed a few fake tears. He pulled up at Beacon Hills Preserve for the second time in the last twenty four hours and they all climbed out.

"Please make this quick. My grandma's already as disappointed as it is." Harper sighed, rubbing her hands together in the cold as an attempt to warm them up a little.

The two boys didn't reply as they began to walk through the woods, following the same trail as they did yesterday, until they got to a certain point where Scott began to lead the way.

Scott jumped into a small stream, the merky water spraying up his blue trousers and soaking through his shoes. Oh hell no. Harper was not repared to ruin two pairs of shoes in twenty four hours.

Stiles sensed her concern and hopped into the river, grabbing her hand. He guided her onto a fallen log, her hand gripping his hand tightly as she moved slowly across it. Harper almost fell, Stiles reaching out to grab her quickly.

She regained her balance, laughing slightly at him. "You were so scared for me." She teased him.

Stiles rolled his eyes. "Because you're my best friend." It pained him to say it and, for some reason, it hurt her to hear it.