Five

It was 6:32, and Phil still hadn't called him. It had only been four hours and five minutes ( he had counted), but Dan was still anxious, picking up his phone every three minutes to make sure he hadn't missed anything.

  Dammit, Dan, calm down, he thought. He's probably still asleep. Or maybe he's decided I'm too weird for him. No, he would have told me that. You never know though...

  Dan's mind races with different scenarios, each one worse than the last. He was going fucking crazy, and he had no reason to.

  He paced the flat over and over, running his hands through his hair and thinking. He threw himself onto the couch, staring at the ceiling. Picked up his phone, checked it, threw it down beside him. This was not healthy...

  The next three hours were no different. Dan's phone still had no notifications, and he was still freaking about that. Why wouldn't Phil just call him? Or text at least.

  Dan decided that the best thing to do was distract himself. So he grabbed his laptop and logged onto Tumblr. Phil said he followed Dan, right? So maybe he would stalk his dash just a little...

  Phil's dash wasn't boring, but it wasn't the most interesting either. Dan scrolled through all his pictures, reblogs and whatnot. It was a very good distraction, and after that, Dan decided to just go through Tumblr in general. After what seemed like only minutes, Dan saw that it was one am.

  He sighed heavily. It was obvious that Phil wasn't going to try and contact him anytime soon. Probably never. So much for having at least one friend.

  Screw it, Dan thought as he went for the phone. Once it was in his hand,  the phone started ringing. And it was Phil.

Well,  I don't want to seem thirsty or something,  so I'm just going to wait.

The phone rang once.  Don't touch it.

  Rang twice. Wait...

  On the third ring, he quickly accepted the call. "Hello?" he said, excited and out of breath.

  "Hey there." Phil said, sounding kind of sleepy. Dan smiled at that thought. "Sorry I didn't call you earlier, " Phil continued. "I was kinda busy with family and stuff."

  "Don't worry about it. I wasn't too worried about it." That was a complete lie, but Phil didn't have to know that.

  "Good; I wouldn't want you to be too worried for my sake. What have you been up to?"

  Dan had been doing nothing all day except pace his flat and worry about when Phil was going to call him. "Oh, nothing. It's been a lazy day."

  Phil chuckled on the other side of the line.  "Sounds extremely exciting."

  "Yeah... hey, so I was wondering, maybe later on you and I could meet up at the coffee shop? It's just, I prefer talking to people in person. I don't know, you don't have to... " But Dan wanted him to. Please say yes.

  There was a moment of silence, and Dan mentally punched himself. He didn't want Phil to think he was weird.

  "Sorry, I got a bit distracted." Dan prepared for rejection. "Um, I was actually just about to head over there myself. You can join me if you want, I could use the company."

  Dan smiled and danced around the living room. Then he calmed down and told Phil he'd see him later, hanging up the phone.

  As soon as he knew Phil couldn't hear him anymore, Dan flew gracefully around the flat, laughing and dancing. At least Phil didn't hate him. And he was going to see him. Soon.