[ nine ] a cure

c h a p t e r   n i n e a cure

c h a p t e r n i n e
a cure

Stiles had been driving aimlessly for about an hour, Derek complaining in the back while Harper used Stiles' phone to try and get a hold of Scott, who was not answering. She groaned loudly, feeling annoyance bubble inside her as she texted him.

To Scott: have you found it yet?

Much to her surprise, about half a minute later, Stiles' phone dinged from her lap, causing her to jump up a little in excitement. She quickly read the text.

"He says he needs more time." Harper rolled her eyes, her optimism falling faster than her grades so far this year.

Stiles just huffed. "Come on." He frowned angrily as he turned to Derek. "Hey, try not to bleed out on my seats, okay? We're almost there."

Harper sighed a little at Stiles' lack of sympathy. Derek didn't look up from where he was concentrating on keeping awake. "Almost where?" His voice was soft and croaky, like he didn't even have it in him to be rude.

Stiles sighed as if it was obvious. "Your house."

Derek's head finally snapped up, a new found energy within him. "What?" He replied. "No, you can't take me there."

"Why not?" Harper asked while Stiles just scoffed.

"I can't protect myself." He shook his head.

Stiles, clearly extremely annoyed now, pulled over onto the side of the road and turned off the engine. He turned around in his seat to face the older werewolf, anger written all over his face.

"What happens if Scott can't find your little magic bullet? Hmm?" Stiles hissed, mocking Derek with every word that fell from his lips. "Are you dying?"

Derek wheezed. "Not yet. I have a last resort."

Stiles laughed sarcastically, raising his voice. "What do you mean? What last resort?"

Harper's hand shot to her mouth as Derek pulled up his dark sleeves, revealing the wound in his arm. Stiles turned away from it, disgust written all over his face. Blood was all around the hole in his arm, making her squirm.

"Oh my God. What is that?" She looked away.

"Ugh, is that contagious? You know what, you should probably just get out." Stiles spoke in disgust, barely looking at Derek.

"Start the car. Now." Derek ordered, his breath shortening. Harper honestly kind of felt bad for the guy. After all, he was dying and Stiles was basically refusing to help.

"I don't think you should be barking orders with the way you look." Stiles finally turned to face him confidently.

"Stiles." She warned lowly.

"In fact," the hazel eyed boy ignored her. "I think if I wanted to, I could probably drag your little werewolf ass out into the middle of the road and leave you for dead."