Chapter 20: The revelation

A few minutes after Papyrus had left the room, a few loud shouts were heard from the other side, gradually increasing at the apparent sense they were getting closer.

Sans looked at Grillby with a cheesy smile and snickered.

"i think i know who it is." He said before the door burst open.

"BROTHER! GRILLBY! I, THE GREAT PAPYRUS, HAVE BROUGHT SOME FRIENDS!" Papyrus announced, moving out of the way and letting a group of monsters enter.

A small human child squeezed out of the mob and ran to Sans' side first to greet him with a tight hug.

"Sans! We were so worried about you when we got the call from Papyrus saying you and Grillby were here at the hospital!" The young human said.

"hey kid. don't be worried about me. i'm fine hehe" Sans said, ruffling their hair playfully.

The child giggled and turned to look at Grillby, who sat on the edge of a bed that was right next to Sans'.

"Hi Grillby!" They greeted in their cheerful voice.

"Hello Frisk" Grillby replied waving his hand at them.

"Sans ya' punk! Papyrus told me you fell down the stairs with Grillby. Better be careful or I'll kick your bony ass for worrying us like this!" Undyne exclaimed, pointing her finger at Sans accusingly.

"sure thing bass" he responded.

"I will hurt you" she said flatly, putting a fist up before taking a deep, long, relaxing breath.

"And you!!" She intimidatingly yelled, pointing her finger at the startled bartender.

"Be careful with Sans. He's a pain in the ass when you least expect it..." Undyne calmly advised.

"Yes Undyne" Grillby said, frantically nodding.

"Good! You better, or I'll beat you up too along with the bonehead" she warned in a happy tone.

"Undyne, please don't scare the poor monster" Toriel interfered.

"Right Alphys?"

"I think it's hot..." Alphys unconsciously said, revealing her inner thoughts.

Toriel made a puzzled expression at Alphys, whom had just realized what she'd just said.

"Ah! I-I said I think it's uh... It's u-uh... Oh g-god!... Um... I-I uh... Ehhhh...." Alphys stuttered, unable to make up some words and her face madly blushing a deep red.

"Aw. I think you're adorable!" Undyne complimented, picking Alphys up and kissing her on the cheek before putting her back on her own feet.

"Well... Hehe... That just happened" Toriel awkwardly laughed.

"Greetings Sans. Greetings Grillby. I hope you two get better as soon as possible. We all, care so much for you two." Asgore said, stepping out of the back of the room with a small flower planted in a small flower pot in hands.

"Thanks your majesty- er- I mean Asgore" Grillby thanked.

"yeah, thanks guys. for coming" Sans said.

"Lies! Lies! Lies! As this, 'we care about you' trash is all so fake haha. Why would anyone care about you two!" the small, yellow petalled flower accused.

Sans furrowed his eyebrows at the flower and scoffed.

Grillby just looked at the flower, unable to process the fact it was a talking flower.

I mean, he had heard once Sans talking to Frisk about a talking flower back in the Underground, but he'd thought he referred to an echo flower.

"Flowey!"

"Flowey!"

Asgore and Toriel scolded one after the other.

"Psht... Whatever" Flowey mumbled, rolling his eyes at the two, tall boss monsters.

Just when they least expected it, a certainly fabulous robot entered the room dramatically.

"Hellooooo! Darlings!!! The star you've all been waiting for is here! I, the great Mettaton, is here!" Mettaton announced.

"HEY! THAT'S MY LINE!" Papyrus claimed.

Mettaton wrapped his arms around Papyrus, making him blush a little.

"Wouldn't you like to share that line with a celebrity like me?" He asked passionately.

"F-FINE! ONLY BECAUSE YOU'RE ONE OF MY BESTIES..." Papyrus hesitatingly answered.

Mettaton let go of Papyrus and crossed his arms as he looked over his shoulder at Sans, who was laughing at him.

"get friend zoned you piece of trashcan" he mouthed, making Mettaton scoff at his childishness.

"Well then~ What have you two been doing in your alone time?" Mettaton asked, raising his eyebrows at the two after clearing his non-existent throat.

Grillby and Sans both began blushing madly, especially Grillby.

"stop screwing around and be quiet" Sans said, looking down to his side, attempting to hide his facial expression.

"Hmm... I think I know what's going on here~ You like each other!" Mettaton assumed.

"nope"

"What!? But I can't be wrong! It's obvious you like each other. Then tell me what's up. I haven't gotten an update from you two lately." He argued.

"W-We're dating each other because we love each other very much" Grillby clarified, getting on his feet and walking over to Sans, who grabbed on to his hand as soon as he got there to his side.

"yeah. meet my boyfriend, grillby."

Everyone's jaw dropped.

"BOYFRIEND!?" Papyrus exclaimed in astonishment.

"No way! Why didn't you say that earlier you punk!" Undyne said.

"Ooh! I-I ship it so much! You two are adorable!" Alphys commented.

"A classic love story! We must write this story down and share it!" Mettaton yelled at the roof.

"I think I'm gonna puke..." Flowey uttered.

"Congratulations! I'm very happy for you two!" Toriel congratulated.

"Indeed Toriel. This is something that must be celebrated somehow" Asgore said.

Toriel nodded.

"I'll help with the preparations dear~" Mettaton offered.

"We could h-have a d-date! A d-double date!" Alphys suggested.

"Great idea Alphys!" Undyne praised.

"A double... Date?" Grillby questioned.

"welp, we're boned." Sans chuckled.

Grillby smiled and hugged Sans.

"This is perfect for our first date don't you think?" Grillby asked excitedly.

"yeah, i guess. if it makes you happy, then i'm happy with it too" Sans said, playfully rolling his eye lights at Grillby's adorable happy tone.