bonus chapter ; luke, i am your father

Wednesday April 13
10:12pm

I walked slowly down the stairs, on the tips of my toes.

My parents had gone to bed. They were most likely deep in sleep by now, so the chances of me disturbing them were low.

I placed me foot down on the last step, and cursed as it creaked. I grimaced and peered over the railing and into the living room, where the light from the TV poured into the hallway as my sister slept soundlessly on the couch.

I sighed and continued, inching my way closer to the back door. I gripped the straps of my backpack and pulled them tight against me.

"Where are you going?"

I jumped and spun around to quickly shush my sister as she gave me a look.

"It's 10 at night, where is there to be?" She hissed.

I waved it away. "None of your business. Can you please just go lay back down before you wake up mom and dad?"

She shook her head at me. "Why? Just go back to bed, you shouldn't  be up."

"Why don't you go back to bed and leave me alone, alright?" I retorted.

I turned back around and crept my way closer to the door as I listened to my sister's retreating footsteps.

I swiftly opened the back door and slipped out, gently shutting the door behind me.

I was only about ten metres away from the house when I jumped at the sound of my mother's voice.

"Lucas Sykes! Get back inside, right now!"

I growled in frustration before spinning on my heels and marching back to my fuming mom.

"What are you doing trying to sneak out at 10 in the night?" She demanded. "Is it because I said no to that movie you wanted to go to? Luke, that ends at one in the morning!"

"Luke, what are you doing?" My dad asked tiredly. "We're all trying to sleep, Just go to bed."

I caught sight of my twin standing behind our dad, and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"You snitch!" I hissed but she sent me a smug look.

"Leia was sleeping when we got downstairs," my mother answered. "We came down because we heard you."

"Can you please just let me go?" I asked. "I'm ready and I made it this far."

"Far?" My dad asked. "You've barley left the house. C'mon Luke, just call it a night and let's head to bed."

"No!" I exclaimed. "Just this once time, please."

"It's a school night," my dad warned. "There's no way you can see a movie that late even on a weekend.

"Everyone's going," I whined.

"Clearly not everyone," my mother insisted. "Leia isn't going, and you're not going either."

"That's because Leia is like some anti-social weirdo," I defended.

"At least I'm not a wannabe asshat!" She spat back.

"Luke don't talk like that about your sister," my dad told me. "Now both of you, please go to bed."

Leia started making her way upstairs, but I stayed put. "This isn't fair, you guys always tell me what to do!"

My dad narrowed his eyes at me. "Luke, I am your father. I have the authority to tell you what to do."

"Honey, please just go to sleep," my mom sighed.

I shook my head but stormed my way to the stairs. From downstairs I could hear my parents laugh, and my mom say "at least he's not doing drugs."

btw I entered this into the wattys!! :)