60

The night was coming to an end with a big dinner

The night was coming to an end with a big dinner. We were at a nice restaurant where we had to dress up. Harry looked stunning in his suit and I tried telling him, but the other girls got there first. Also, they did not leave his side once. I sat on the opposite side of the table near coach Payne and Monique. I stayed quiet unless spoken to which wasn't much because Monique would just check up on me a couple times. Leslie sat on my other side and I'd rather not converse with someone I know will start something.

Toward the end of dinner, Harry stands up. He straightens his suit then smiles at us. Coach Payne stands up as well, getting the bag he brought along.

"So when I came to Northshore High School as interim coach to help out a friend, principal Parker, I honestly didn't expect much." Harry starts a speech. "I got a lot of information on the volleyball team and when I heard that you haven't won much games and didn't even go to playoffs last year, you can say I was a little hesitant to come." he says, making the girls giggle. "But I'm glad I came because you girls actually had a lot of potential who just needed a push. I watched all of you grow stronger in the sport and personality wise." he looks my way, flashing a smile. "Even if we don't win tomorrow, we could all say we had a very successful season compared to the past."

Coach Payne begins to clap and we follow along. "The JV team also grew a lot, making the season successful."

"Yes!" Harry speaks again. "I'd like to thank coach Payne for coming down here to help me out. He's prepared a few of the girls for next season to come play for varsity."

"Woo, coach Payne!" Monique cheers, clapping her hands.

Harry slowly walks over to coach Payne, but stops behind me. "We have little awards for our varsity girls because half of them will be leaving." he explains then his hands land on my shoulders. "We'd like to start with our team captains." he slightly squeezes my shoulders then his touch disappears.

"Rylee Eversteen." Coach Payne pulls out a little trophy from the bag.

Harry goes over to get the trophy then smirks at me. "Eversteen." he breathes out. "The one who had grown the most this season and one of the best players who deserved her position as team captain. Her decisions for the team had helped everyone improve." he says, handing me the small item.

It had my name then the title of team captain. It also had a shorter version of what Harry said with chopped words.

"Monique Kenneth!" Harry laughs out. "Definitely the voice of the team." he states and Monique just does a little shrug with a big smile on her face. "She is loyal and protective which is good, but sometimes can get a little out of hand. Hopefully, she can gain more control in the future. Especially with her blunt actions and running mouth."

"She'll probably end up in jail in the future." Leslie mumbles and Monique glares at her, holding her middle finger up.

"You really do need to gain more control of your actions." Coach Payne chuckles, grabbing her hand then pushes it down. "Next up, Kourtney Wilson."