thirty three

disclaimer; sexual content

harry

I laid in bed with anxious bones digging into my skin, the heaviness kept me grounded but my thoughts spiralled with the time changing outside. It was getting pretty late and I still hadn't heard from Lola, I turn to gaze out the window and stare at the illuminated stars against the dark skies. The night sky reminded me of Lola, the way her eyes glowed under the moonlight and the way her skin glimmered when she had been in the sun too long, her freckles becoming prominent stars against her skin.

I sigh loudly. I debated in my mind whether I should call her, or maybe just send another text to make sure she knew I was still awake. It ate at me that she was with Louis, a disgusting jealously burned deep inside me and I wanted to punch him into a coma for everything he did to me and Lola. How could she so easily forgive him? I hated to think about it, that perhaps she still loved him and regretted falling for me.

I toss to the side and see the piles of sketches and paintings against my wall, so many of Lola. The blue eyes into her soul seemed to haunt me ever more now I was in love with her–or perhaps I always was, but now I drew her like crazy as my dreams were reality and everything was pouring from me like a river during a storm. She was my hurricane and I her tornado, a force of nature in the most destructive ways.

I blinked back any anxiety that seeped underneath my skin, swallowing those thoughts with the night air on my tongue. I close my eyes but only see hers when I do, vibrant blue staring back at me like highway signs.

I toss and turn for another hour before I finally feel my body fall limp, tiresome bones seep into the mattress below me and I finally begin to drift off to sleep.

It seemed the universe had other plans though, simply to ignite two blue souls on this warm summers night again.

She was quiet at first, but when that key turned in the door and a click sound emitted, my eyes flew open. The door creaked open and she sighed once she saw I was awake, she was tired looking even in the darkness of the moon outside, her body limp as she used it to close the door behind her.

She didn't move at first, simply staring at me with anxious eyes. Her dark hair was shorter with the months that passed, only coming up to her shoulders now. But she was still my blue eyed girl, no matter what. She blinks a few times as our eyes dance inside the others, it seemed they flashed like headlights on a cold night and dug deep into our chests.

"Come here." I was over this, I needed to hold her.

Lola obliges and her boot scuff the floor below us before they're removed. Her body was icy compared to the warmth of my bed, but once her bones were engulfed by my own I felt okay again. I kissed her forehead as she hummed in pleasure, her body heating with my own as I cradled the ache of her bones and soul.

"I love you." She whispered against my chest, almost as if she were speaking to the beating heart inside.

"I love you too." I promised against her skin.

"I didn't say "I love you" to hear it back." She states. "I said it to make sure you knew."

I don't say anything after that, I just wrap my arms around her tighter and feel her breath against my skin. The bed was small but it made this moment more intimate, our breath connected and our bodies entwined until that sun came back up and kissed the morning skies.

***

I stared at the canvas in front of me with dull eyes, taking in an deep breath through my nose to inhale those toxic smells of acrylic. The structure was good, but the colours were all wrong and didn't match the dark auburn I'd noticed on the girl merely a week ago. I bite my lip as the paint brush falls into the supply box below me, inspecting the picture in front of me to see what I needed to add. The girl had freckles that painted her skin in dark shades across the paleness of her cheeks, hazel eyes that dawned into a morning sunrise and large lips that were painted a deep plum.