Shamanic crisis

Derek sniffed the air stopping in his tracks.

"What is it?" Allison asked looking at Derek, her bow at the ready.

"He's close." Scott answered his nose high in the air.

"Put the bow down, you aren't gonna shoot Stiles." Derek snapped at Allison forcing the bow to face the ground.

"You said yourself he doesn't know how dangerous he is." Allison reminded Derek her tone full of annoyance.

Derek grit his teeth. "Do you really think having a friend point an arrow at him is going to keep him calm?"

"What if he's not calm when we find him?" Lydia piped in her voice a nervous squeak.

"He's not angry right now, he's..." Derek paused to study Stiles' scent.

"Scared?" Isaac frowned looking at Derek. He was still fairly new to the whole werewolf thing and was still trying to learn how to use all his senses.

"Yeah." Derek nodded a concerned scowl covering his features.

Derek closed his eyes tightly. When he opened them again his eyes were a bright red. He scanned the woods in front of them when he saw a large red blob about forty feet away.

"Stiles!" Derek yelled taking off into a sprint. The pack hurrying quickly behind him.

"Stiles, Stiles wake up." Derek knelt next to Stiles unmoving body. He closed his eyes listening closely to Stiles slow weak heartbeat.

"What's wrong with him?" Lydia dared ask looming over Derek and Stiles.

"I don't know but we need to get him to Deaton. He should be back by now."  Derek said scooping up Stiles' limp body into his arms.

-

Derek carried Stiles' into Deaton's office quickly.

"Lay him here." Deaton pointed to a large metal operating table.

"What was he doing before he passed out?" Deaton asked looking at Derek as he put the stethoscope in his ears.

"I-I don't know. We found him unconcious in the woods." Derek answered unable to hide the worry in his tone.

"His heartbeat is slow and weak. How long was he out there?" Deaton asked taking Stiles' temperature.

Derek knew if Stiles was awake he'd make some smart comment about hoping the thermometer hadn't been used in a dogs butt. He never thought he'd say this but he missed Stiles' annoying quips.

"Maybe an hour." Isaac answered when Derek didn't respond.

Derek stared down at the still boy. He didn't know why it hurt him so much to see Stiles like this. He'd seen pack members hurt before but this really bothered him. Maybe because Stiles couldn't heal himself or because this was too far out of Derek's range of knowledge it made him uncomfortable. All he knew was his wolf instincts were going crazy.

"Derek, are you with me?" Deaton asked his hand suddenly on Derek's shoulder.

Derek not trusting his voice, nodded quickly.

"Lydia says he's dangerous?" Deaton asked.

Derek tossed a glare at the redhead.

"He doesn't know what he's doing." Derek snapped.

"I know, it's alright, I'm going to help him but I need you to tell me everything." Deaton spoke calmly.

Derek nodded gripping the back of his neck. "Yeah, okay."