Chapter 12- Too much Sarcasm

My second last exam is on Friday! But I decided to write the next chapter just to calm my head from too much last minute study!

I split the chapter so that's why this one is extremely short from the usual. Nevertheless, I hope you still like it.

*This is not edited*

..................

I was cold, inside and out. The clouds had decided to add more to my misery by releasing their rains. I was glad I was safe from their pouring daggers since I was under the shield of the waiting stop.

However, this didn't stop the cold of the water from sipping under my skin, reaching my bones, making me shudder and tremble from its icy grip.

I contemplated calling Sav to pick me up, but I was certain that she was busy with Ryland. The thought of Ryland made me resent him and his so-called-friend, James. I just hoped that Ryland liked Sav enough to not hurt her. Sav was really cranky after a breakup.

I was resenting everything. All I saw was red and black, but could I really blame James. It was my own mistake for judging him. Although, I had looked forward to the date, I hadn't really wanted a relationship with him.

Suddenly, a familiar looking silver car stopped in front of me. The driver got out, shielding himself from the rain with a leather jacket as he ran towards me.

The sight of him deepened that anger that was boiling inside me.

I glared at him as he approached me.

"C'mon, get inside the car." Kyle said reaching for my hand.

"Don't touch me!" I wrenched my hand away from him.

"Keya!" He said my name in a warning tone.

"Some great friend you are! You definitely are the best, Kyle!" I lashed out at him.

He shook his head. "I don't have time for this."

"Of course you don't. I know I wouldn't want to waste my time too when there's a promise of a threesome." I was beyond enraged to care about what I was saying.

"Threesome? What are you talking about?"

"Oh don't pretend to be innocent in this. I'm sure Mandy doesn't mind sharing both of you." I couldn't stop my mouth from spewing nonsense.

"Despite what you think, James took Mandy home. They're gone, Keya."

"Well, that's just fantastic."

"Keya—"

"No, save it Kyle. I don't want to hear it. It's your fault that all this has happened." I cut him off.

"My fault?" A hint of amusement laced his tone. "I guess you could say that."

I glared at him.

"C'mon, let's go. Unless you want to have a cold."

I nodded. "Yup, I think having a cold is better than going with you."

He rolled his eyes as he took his leather jacket off and moved to draped it on me. I skidded backwards before he reached me.

"It's nice to know finally, where your loyalty is, Kyle." I smiled, lacking any emotion.

He rolled his eyes again.

"How could you let him talk like that about me?"

He cornered me and the heat transcending from his body was suddenly too disarming.

I was really stupid to feel so attracted to him for that moment. His closeness left me frozen and breathless, enough to let him put his warm jacket on me. The smell of him bombarded my nostrils.

It wasn't fair. It just wasn't fair, how my body was betraying me like this.

"Are you done?" He asked, moving closer as if to invade my personal space.

My head titled back to look up at him and through the dark, his eyes still glistened.

"It's also nice to know that you're there for me too, Kyle." I added.

"Would you let me explain?" His nostrils flared, his patience waning.

"What explanation could you possible give me."

"I brought Mandy for a reason, she was necessary."

I snorted. "Yeah, to date her."

He pressed his lips at my interruption. "Don't you understand? I saved you."

"Oh yeah, cos I'm such a damsel in distress."

He narrowed his eyes at me. "Keya, I had to show you what he was really like?"

"It's all about perceptions to you today!" I rolled my eyes.

"Will you shut up for one sec?" Kyle slapped both of his hands on the pane other side of me, his body pressing unto mines at his sudden invasion.

That definitely shut me up because I couldn't breathe from then on.

"Guys like James; all they care for is not you or your feelings, but how they will get laid as reward for treating like you're the only thing that matters to them." His eyes seared down to my lips.

I swallowed my dry throat. "And you are an exception to them?" I asked rhetorically.

"Well, thanks Kyle, thanks for showing a complete fool of myself." This sarcasm was really eating me up.

"You're not a fool, Keya. You just have a knack of attracting complete âssholes." He smiled.

"I thought he was your friend?"

"Not a friend...just someone that feels like he owes me because I saved his sorryáss."

"And yet you still hang around with him."

He pushed himself off me, releasing me from his trap. I felt relieved because I could breathe fresh air again.

"I haven't hung around with him since—I don't even remember. I just started last week when I found out you met him."

"Why?"

"Because I know him."

"That's not a reason."

"Fine. Because I was afraid you were falling right into his traps. And you were so intent on sleeping with him. I couldn't let that happen." As he spoke, his tone was filled with a sudden emotion that when his eyes gazed at me, my heart became erratic.

"Why didn't you warn me about him sooner?" My voice was croaky.

"You wouldn't have believed me."

"That's not true." I protested.

He gave me that sceptical look before shaking his head.

"Can we go now? It's really cold." He started moving towards his flashing car.

"Fine." I huffed as I followed him to his car.

He was already in the driver seat by the time I got into the passenger side.

His hair, face and t-shirt was damp by the rain that got him. I watched helplessly as the water dribbled down his jaw to his neck, the drop disappearing to his damp tee which clung on him, accentuating every tone and muscle on his body.

I closed my eyes and took deep breaths and by the time I opened them we were already cruising away from the bus stop.

I was still confused by what he revealed to me. So, this whole so-called double date I just went through was intended for me to find out what James was really like compared to that sweet funny guy I thought he was. I mean, Kyle could have at least told me. I would have believed him. Wouldn't I?

I knew then that he was right. I wouldn't have believed him at all.

............

Don't forget to keep keep voting and commenting guys, I appreciate it loads! <3