Chapter 14 - Confused and Clueless

*Un-edited work*

................

I woke up because I was too warm and because my phone was blustering somewhere in the room.

Kyle groaned but he didn't wake, instead he held my body tighter unto his, my face pressing even more unto his chest. I needed to get out of his embrace and answer my phone quickly before it woke him up.

With precise movements, I managed to shift him to the other side, equally freeing myself from him. Once I made sure that he was still snoozing, I quickly dashed out of the bed in search for my phone.

It was in the bathroom, inside my purse. I answered it before checking the caller-ID.

"Keya?" It was Kelly.

"Mom?" My voice was still hoarse.

"Where the hell are you?" She didn't sound angry but I knew she was borderline.

"I'm at Kyle's," I told her quickly, blushing because his name brought up images of last night.

I squeezed my legs together, squeamishly and that was when I realised I was still naked. I looked around until I found my panties next to the tub.

I pulled them on, hating to wear used underwear.

"Why didn't you come home last night?" She demanded. "Or call to tell us where you were. Your father almost went batshit. I had to hide the phone from him so that he wouldn't disturb you from whatever it is that you were doing yesterday." She rambled.

The way she said the last part was as if she knew exactly what I had been doing. I returned to the bedroom in search for something to wear.

"I'm sorry, I should have called." I lowered my voice so that I wouldn't wake Kyle up. I walked towards one of his drawers and took out his oversized basketball shirt. I pulled it down my body before running back to the bathroom.

"Why are you whispering?"

"I don't want to wake Kyle, mom. It's seven thirty in the morning on a weekend." I told her.

"What are you doing at Kyle's. Where were you yesterday?"

"Uh..." Shít! What was I supposed to tell her.

"Uh, what, Keya?" She asked. "Let me guess, you were at a party yesterday?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed out of a sudden, frowning at the lie.

But, I decided it was best to go with her guess because how was I to explain to my mother that I went on a double date from hell yesterday, only to end sleeping with my best friend afterwards?

"Uh-huh." I could picture her rolling her eyes. "As long as you're fine."

"Yeah I'm fine, totally fine." I lied again.

"Right." That told me she didn't believe me. "Just call when you decided to disappear again, next time."

"Got it. Sorry again."

She made a grunting noise that told me she accepted my apology.

"When are you coming home?"

I looked towards the closed bathroom door, wondering if Kyle was awake.

"I'll call when I leave."

"Okay. Be safe."

"Yes, mom."

"See you later then."

"Okay. Tell dad I said hi and that I'm sorry."

"Will do."