Chapter 31

Chapter 31
• • •

        I woke up slowly, and remained in a state between conscious and unconscious for about 30 seconds before I finally snapped into reality.

I couldn't remember anything last night besides that Kevin and Ashton went to the store. And then after th-

Fuck.

That wasn't a dream.

Why did Eli have to kiss me? We were such good friends! We slayed the game as friends- why did he have to complicate everything??

Not that he wasn't boyfriend material- because trust me, he was. He was just not for me, ya know?

He was basically my brother. So in turn, dating him would be like incest in my mind.

Besides, I kind of liked someone else- if you couldn't tell..

I was drunk... Oh god- what did I say? Or do? I hate when I get drunk. Why do I do it?!

I reached over, ignored the throbbing pain that was pounding in my head, and grabbed my phone.

When I picked it up, I was relieved that there were no texts or anything. Finally, there was a morning when I wouldn't feel guilty if I went back to sleep.

When I woke up, which was around 1, I decided that I was in the fighting-mood. I pulled out my phone and texted Ashton.

R u around today for a fighting lesson??

About 10 minutes later, I got a reply.

Idk

Weird...

That was a rhetorical question- obviously you are bc u don't have a life.

Kinda harsh but who cares.

I wouldn't be talking Miss "I need to get trashed every time I want to have fun"

Ouch...

Ok ok don't get ur titties in a twist. I simply want a lesson. PLZZZZ

It was about a minute later before he responded. Okayyy..?

Eli's at 2.

That's all...? Something weird was going on.

I pounced off of my bed and walked downstairs to the kitchen.

My mom was sitting at the island reading an old newspaper and drinking coffee. I rolled my eyes.

"I made it home safely yesterday by the way," I said sarcastically as I got down the Froot Loops from the cabinet.

"I know sweetie," she said and looked up from her coffee- which was most likely spiked.

"Well you didn't seem to care at all last night. What if I had died or something?" I poured my cereal rather aggressively.

"Honey I knew you were safe- you were with those boys. Besides, I was busy last night."

I slammed the cereal box on the counter and turned around to face her. She was startled.

"Doing what? Getting drunk? Drinking your problems away again? Listen mother, while you drink your problems away, I'm left dealing with them and trying to place the last of the pieces back together! I thought you were doing well. I thought we could finally be a family and be happy. Why can't you just be happy with me and you? Why do you ALWAYS have to turn back to your goddamn alcohol?!" I screamed and tried to hold back my tears, and the huge knot in my throat.