(6) So after a million, you'll think about it?

Primrose's POV

The bell rings, and Alex and I shut our laptops. "Are you free after school to work on the presentation?" He asks.

"I guess... We can practice presenting in the courtyard if you want?" I ask, packing up my things.

"Don't sound so glum, Rose. You get to spend even more time with the Alex King." He says.

"Yay..." I say unenthusiastically.

"You wound me." He says, shaking his head.

I laugh, and we separate for our next class. At the end of the day, I say goodbye to Lilac and head to the courtyard.

I picked a table under a tree so we have shade. A few minutes later, I hear someone plop across from me. I jump in surprise and take out my headphones.

"You scared me," I say, putting my phone away.

He hands me a bag of chips, and I smile. "In case we get hungry." He says.

"Aww, thank you!" I say, opening the bag. How did he know you were hungry? When am I not?

"Did you memorize your part?" He asks, opening his laptop.

"Yep, you?" I ask.

"Of course." He says, smirking. I roll my eyes and continue munching on my chips.

He sets up the presentation, and we both stand up. A small group of girls starts walking toward Alex, and I see his shoulder slouch. Can he sense them?

He turns around and flashes them a smile. "C-can we get an autograph?" One of them stutters.

"Of course!" He says, writing on their pieces of paper.

One of them looks at me, and her face scrunches up. Why does she look like she ate a lemon? "Is she your girlfriend?" She asks.

I scoff and say, "No."

Alex glances at me and says, "She wishes."

I glare at him and respond, "Never in a million years."

"So after a million, you'll think about it?" He asks, faking a hopeful face.

"Hmmm... Still a no." I say, grinning.

"Thank you, sorry for interrupting." Another girl says while they walk away.

"You think I could get your autograph so I can sell it?" I ask nicely.

He automatically frowns and says, "No."

"Please? We're friends, right?" I ask jokingly.

"Yes, but it's still a no." He says.

I dramatically gasp, and Alex sighs. "Alex King is my friend. I'm going to die of joy." I say, thinking if I should squeal like a fangirl.

"Don't," Alex says, immediately covering my mouth.

I lick his hand, and he pulls away. "How'd you know I was going to squeal?" I ask.