Chapter 22 - Forgive and Forget

"So, prom. Me and you. We're going." Kyle whispered demandingly at my ear, one morning two weeks after the camping trip.

"Gee that's a very romantic way to ask a girl out to prom." I smacked his hand away from reaching my butt.

The position we were in was very compromising considering that he had me trapped behind the kitchen counter island.

He arched his eyebrow. "You want romance?" He asked, hiding his smirk.

"God, no." I grimaced. "Seriously I've had enough of it. Don't know why you persisted on being romantic with me for the past two weeks."

I was mocking him but internally I was elated. Kyle's version of romance these past two weeks was very typical. We had romantic dinner dates; in the kitchen, in his bedroom or restaurants. We had romantic picnics; outside on the roof terrace and in the dark, under the stars. Romantic strolls around the park, exclusively just us. Going out for movies and staying in for movies. All of these activities always ended up with us having hot explosive sex, the kind that left my whole body trembling. We've been virtually inseparable.

In a response to my comment, Kyle simply gathered my hands and pinned them behind me as he leaned to capture my lips with his.

"I still can't get enough of you." He admitted, nibbling my lower lip.

Just like that, my nerve endings spanned into attention.

Hiding how his kiss affected me, I decided to tease him. "Hmm, so what happens when you do get enough?"

"Never." He twisted his lips into a smirk as he shifted closer, invading more than just my personal space. I felt the unmistakable presence of his erection digging just under my belly.

I bit my lip, knowing how I became well acquainted with what was beneath his jeans for the past two weeks. Well, if you excluded those five days Mother Nature decided to pay her monthly visit.

The heat in his eyes intensified as he studied my lips. "You gotta stop doing that?"

"Doing what?" I feigned innocence.

He groaned, releasing my hands only to take my face by one hand while his other arm snaked across my waist. His fingers pulled my chin so that I released my lower lip.

He kissed me briefly, teasingly. I smiled against his lips. I knew exactly how to make him tick and biting my lips was one of those actions that did the trick.

He stopped abruptly; leaving me protesting as I reluctantly opened my eyes.

"You didn't answer my question?" His eyes were serious.

I was usually left disoriented after he kissed me so it took a while to understand what he was talking about. "Oh, prom."

"Yes, Prom. The major event of our senior year, happening precisely next week on Friday, and this event is usually followed by our graduation." He told me, informally.

"So will you go there with me?" He added.

I made a disgusted face. "I don't think I want to go to prom."

Kyle gave me a long meaningful look. "Keya the choice is not really up to you. You and I know that your mom will literally drag you there by herself if she has to."

I sighed, rolling my eyes inwardly. My mother has been talking about my prom nonstop as if she hadn't gone to hers before. Her level of excitement toward the event was overruled by how she had already got me the dress, shoes, jewellery—everything, just for it. I didn't even go dress shopping with her, she picked my dress for my prom all on her own. Not that I was complaining though. I was glad I was relieved from that stress. I trusted her judgement so I knew no matter what; I was going to look fabulous next week.