XVI

I flinch in my sleep when something pushes against my back and I curl up on the floor just as someone is opening the bedroom door, it opening just enough for someone to fit through. Or someone as skinny as Bow to fit through.

I hear him sigh from above me as he looks down at my half sleeping form cuddled against the door but I don't open my eyes. He is quickly reaching down and picking me up in his arms. I make no sound as I feel him bring me to my bed-or was it his?

Letting out a sigh when the feeling of fur tickles my neck, I curl up on my side in a foetal position as I feel the bed dip and Bow's body is lying down beside mine, his hand coming around to the back of my head as he pulls me onto his chest before leaning back.

That was the only thing I remembered as I woke up the next morning in Bow's bed. Bow sleeping quietly beside me as I let out a shaky sigh. My hand comes up to run through my messy hair. Squinting my eyes as they sting from having cried so much last night.

"You know..." Bow shifts on the bed stretching as he croaks sleepily at me. Startling me as he does.

"I don't think I've ever seen Raen cry. You really brought the house down last night."

I let my eyes shut at that as my face begins to scrunch up. The familiar lump in my throat coming back as I try not to make a sound. I sniffle through my nose before Bow is placing his hand on the side of my head. His eyes soft and filled with concern.

"He hurt you didn't he?" He asks quietly. "Otherwise you wouldn't have done what you did."

I open my eyes at that, looking up at him pained before I nod sadly. Letting out a breath I bring my hands up to press against my eyes in an attempt to wipe the tears and sleep from them. Bow's face falls.

"I'm so sorry Keylin. If I was there-"

"Don't." I say, slightly hoarse. My voice was filled with unshed tears, a dryness and vulnerability to it also as I look up at Bow determined.

"Don't blame yourself. How could you have known he would snap at me like that? Shit happens-"

"Yes but they always happen to good people, like you Keylin. You don't deserve it."

I smile weakly at this before shaking my head at him.

"I'm not-"

"Keylin." He cuts me off seriously. "You are a good person."

----

Bow insisted I stay at home today. Take a break and just relax with him and Ana. Get to know each other more. He told me father would be coming home tomorrow which made me kind of relieved. I was starting to worry.

We talked about a lot of things. Our father, Bow telling me all about him. What he likes, dislikes and even sharing some memorable experiences with me that Bow and father shared when Bow was younger. This made me smile, pushing down all of the jealous and upset feelings regarding how I never really had a father that would spend time with me besides Grandfather. He wasn't much of one to be honest, running a kingdom and being the king had a part to play also. I was happy that Bow got to cherish the memories with his father. In a way, his fun times with him going out hunting made up for lost times on my part.

The day after that there was a knocking on the front door early in the morning. Bow telling me to wait in our room while he goes down and checks who it was. All the while hoping it was Raen so that he could kick his ass out of his house. I hoped it wasn't Raen.

It was Malakei.

He had somehow got wind of what happened the other night and didn't hesitate in storming past a yelling Bow up the stairs to me. Sending me his friendly smile before throwing me one of his spare swords. Telling me that the both of us were going to clear our heads.