Chapter 3

Jang Hyeon arrived at the office. Looking left and right, he knocked on the door.

"Come in." A deep voice answered through the door.

Turning the door knob, he opened it before he smiled:

"You called?"

The CEO nods, gesturing for him to walk closer. Jang Hyeon complies, doing exactly that.

His sunglasses shone before he stated, "Your contract is going to end soon."

Jang Hyeon, already knowing that, looked down, "I know."

The CEO hums, "Do you want to renew it?"

He put his eyes back on the man and answered with no hesitation, "No."

The man blinked, not expecting his response, "What? Why not?"

His mouth opened to voice an excuse.

Sensing it, the man interrupted him before he could say anything; suggesting, "-There's going to be a debut soon."

That caught Jang Hyeon's attention, making his ears twitch and eyes widen.

"What?"

The CEO went on, "There's going to be an audition in a month and a half. With your skills, I bet you'll get in," staring at Jang Hyeon with knowing eyes, he smiled, "The audition is for a group."

Jang Hyeon almost slammed his desk out of surprise, but held back, "A group?"

The CEO nodded, lacing his fingers together before placing it on his desk.

Jang Hyeon took that as a sign to think about his decision.

Looking to the side, he furrowed his eyebrows in thought.

Facing the man again, he asked, "Don't you usually produce solos? Why the sudden group?"

The scarred man replied, "Usually. I thought that it was about time I produced a group. It has been twelve years since one debuted from my agency, after all. Besides, I still make you guys have dance practice even though you guys want to debut solo." As if giving a hint, his lips twitched upwards, "Don't you find that weird?"

Noticing the twitch, Jang Hyeon blinked before realizing what that meant.

Beaming, he couldn't believe his ears. He hasn't heard such great news since he got accepted as a trainee. This was ten times better than the trainee news, though.

Jang Hyeon, knowing to show manners, bowed, "Thank you. I won't let this opportunity pass."

The CEO brushed his gratitude off before making a, "you're excused," sweep of his hand.

Knowing what that meant, he bowed again before leaving the room.

...

Meanwhile, with Jae Yeol.

Jae Yeol sat in a Café, chin in hand while his elbow rested on the table. Minutes passing before he glanced at his watch, wondering where Hyung Seok is.

Waiting a little longer, he hears a voice calling out his name:

"Jae Yeol!"

Before turning towards the voice, he already knew who it was.

Looking at the handsome, breathtaking man, Jae Yeol smiles, admiring his choice of clothing. He's proud that Hyung Seok's clothing has gotten better without him having to tell him what to wear, but in the back of his head, he feels slightly sad that he can't choose for him anymore.