Twelve

Alex's POV
All the Red Star girls and some of the Reign players close to Christen came as soon as the game was over. Which was nearly three hours ago. We haven't gotten any word yet on what happened or how she is and we're all worried. Christen is sitting in the corner of the room with her legs hugged close to her chest. Hope is next to her but she's just as worse. Julie and Zach are sitting quietly next to each other. Everyone is quiet. No one knows what might happen. Speaking of which, here comes a doctor now. I immediately stand up and so does Christen and she joins my side.

"You're the guardians of Rachel?"
"Yes sir. How is she?"
"Uh Miss Morgan, Miss Press, I think this is best if we speak about this privately."
"Of course."

He nodded and motioned for us to follow him. We walked down a long hall and he opened a door. The sign said the ICU unit. Christens eyes widened in fear and she looked at me. I reached over and took her hand in mine and squeezed it tight. He stopped in front of a door and sighed.

"Rachel, unfortunately, has put herself into a self induced coma. We can't fully understand as to how she's done it but we believe it has something to do with her home life. Has she ever been through any emotional or physical trauma?"
"Uh, yes. She's had a rough couple of months. We only adopted her three of four months ago."
"Okay. We'll need to discuss this further once she wakes up so we can get answers, not only from you but from Rachel as well. Would you like to see her?"
"Yes please sir."

The doctor swiped his hand over the handle and the door slip open. He pulled back a curtain and motioned for us to step in. I caught my breath when I saw Rachel connected to all these tubes coming out of everywhere in her body. Christen broke down and ran straight to her side. I walked to her side and hugged her from behind as she bawled.

"My baby. Our poor baby."
"Hey, hey, Chris. She's going to be okay. She's a fighter and she'll get through this. We're going to be here by her side the entire time and be right next to her the second she wakes up. I'll stay next to her tonight. You need a good nights rest after your game. We'll leave all of them come in now and then Hope will take you home."
"Thank you Alex."
"Hey, it's what friends are for."
"Not that. For stepping up and being a mother to her. She really needs you but didn't want to admit it."

I looked at Rach and somehow managed to smile a little. Chris took a seat on the chair next to the bed and held onto Rachel's hand.

"I'll go get the girls. Will you be okay?"
"Yeah. Thanks Al."

I nodded to her and walked out. When I neared the waiting room they all stood up and I felt a lump grow in my throat. I made eye contact with Jules and she looked at me hopefully.

"Sh-she's alive. She's in a self induced coma."

Everyone let out a sigh of relief. Zach sat down and put his head in his hands. Jules and I looked at each other. She walked over to me and held one of my hands.

"You alright?"
"What if it was more serious Jules? What if she di-"
"Don't say it. Don't finish that sentence. It's hard enough knowing she's in hospital, let alone the fact that she's in a coma but you saying that isn't going to help anyone."
"They're aloud to go see her."

Everyone looked at me and I rubbed the back of my neck. I told them they were aloud to go see her and to follow me. I led them to the ICU unit and to Rachel's room. I pulled back the curtain for them and they all stepped in. They all took turns hugging Christen and saying stuff to Rach. They all left afterwards except for Chris, me, Hope, Jules, Zach and Megan.

"Hope will you take Chris home? She needs to shower and to sleep. Same with you Jules and Megan. You gotta take care of yourselves."

They all nodded in agreement. Chris stood up and leaned forward and kissed Rach's forehead. Jules wrapped her arm around her shoulder and they walked out of the room with the rest behind them. I walked over and sat down on the chair Christen was and looked at her as she slept. I could hear the heart monitor beating I stared at her chest to make sure it was rising and falling, which it was. My phone started vibrating in my pocket and I pulled it out to see Serv calling.