6.

unedited.

+pleasevoteandshare

***

"Juri?" Haruka questioned, snapping her from her thoughts.

Flinching, Juri slowly forced her eyes away from Alice and looked over to Haruka. He stared back into the widened eyes of Juri, noticing her body was shaking. He then watched as her body fell back. Immediately, Haruka dropped his shovel and teleport behind her to catch her in time. Haruka then moved her bangs away from her closed lids. He lifted his gaze from his love, looking at Alice and Yuki who were now standing on each side of Kaname hand-in-hand who as well stared back at him. All of them had worried looks but Haruka dismissed it with a gentle smile to ease them. He picked up Juri in his arms and disappeared inside.

Alice looked to the ground, feeling that the reason Juri fainted was because of her. She suddenly felt a hand on her head and this made her tilt her head back. She looked at Kaname as he was still looking at the entrance that Haruka and Juri disappeared off into, seeming lost in his thoughts. Feeling eyes on him, he looked down to his right side where he found Alice gazing intently at him as if wanting to know his thoughts. He smiled and ruffled both Yuki and Alice's head.

"Come on you two, it is getting cold." He cooed, pulling along the girls towards porch that lead inside.

"But Nii-sama, we're almost done!" Pouted Yuki, before continuing. "Almost half-way done!"

"Well you wouldn't want to get sick now would you, Yuki?" He reasoned, before turning to Alice. "Isn't that right, Alice?"

Alice nodded keeping silent, making Yuki pout even more.

Eventually Yuki gave up and was lead inside. When they got in, he seated the girls in front of the fireplace and wrapped warm blankets around them. Yuki questioned if he was cold too so that she could share her blanket with him but much to her dismay he shook his head. Only younger vampires got cold, and he was far from young despite having the appearance of a fourteen-year-old.

When the girls fell asleep in front of fireplace, he carried them to the couches and tucked them in as he made sure they were comfortable. He was glad to see the girls shared a pleasant bond with each other, they loved each other as if they were real siblings. He watched them for a few moments, just looking at them sleep as they held hands. He leaned over to kiss Alice's forehead before disappearing into thin air.

Kaname found himself behind a wooden door that was only slightly opened and made sure to mask his presence like he did before. He peered in to see that Juri was wide awake now, but she was crying her heart out as Haruka comforted her as he always did. This time, it was a different reason.

"I made a mistake Haruka! I've made such a mistake!" She cried.

Haruka did not answer but only stroked her back, his eyes were filled with just as much guilt as she had. Kaname sighed quietly before teleporting elsewhere. He found himself outside once again, on the balcony as it started to snow. The sun was no longer visible as it was covered with grey clouds.

They were learning from their mistakes, he knew that for sure. But, would it be possible to heal wounds from the damage it caused? Would it leave back scars? Those answers he does not know himself.

Before he could think even further, his thoughts were stopped when he felt a powerful presence. He clenched his fists and teleported downstairs to where the girls were sleeping. When he got there, he found it surprising that Alice was already up on her feet. She was just standing in front of a sleeping Yuki as if protecting her. The fire was out, extinguished. Realising it was only Kaname, she felt relieved.

They had to act now.

Kaname carried Yuki's sleeping form in one arm and grabbed Alice's hand in his. They teleported upstairs and then ran the rest of the way. 

Juri and Haruka were already out of their rooms ready to retrieve the girls. Yuki woke up all of a sudden from the commotion and a panicking voice. Her eyes were a blur but she managed to see two figures discussing something in hushed tones and two other figures who were completely silent. Two of the figures disappeared in an instant and she was able to see properly now.

Rubbing her eyes, Yuki sat up and looked around the room in curiousness. It was only Alice, her mother and her that remained in the room. She noticed Alice was sitting beside her, gripping onto her hand for dear life. What was going on? Why was she shaking so much? This scared her a little. She has never seen Alice so scared before.

Juri slowly knelt down and softly held Alice's arms.

"Alice," Juri started. "I'm so sorry, for everything." She whispered, as her tears fell down her cheeks. Alice narrowed her eyes, something was wrong.

To her surprise, she could only see half of Juri's face as trails poured down her face, staining her beautiful pale skin.

"I love you both very much, please remember that. Take care, my beautiful girls."

Alice's mismatched eyes began to glow. Each window of the manor cracked and burst out into millions of shards. The wind gushed through as it played with Alice and Yuki's hair. The woman in front of them gave them a last smile before disappearing, leaving back a trace of nothing. Yuki fell back, fainting. Her long brown hair slowly becoming shorter and her skin no longer pale. She was revolving.

Alice fell to the floor on her knees, suddenly feeling a surge of something flowing into her. Her vision was clouded red. She held her head and let out a raspy scream that sent the birds flying. A pair of mismatched coloured eyes entered her mind. Who was that? She thought before she fell onto her back. Thick vines entwined around her body as if imprisoning her in it.It started off with her legs until it reached her arms and torso before finally towards her neck.  Before it could fully cover her, the vine snapped and it quickly uncovered her body before slithering away to escape before it was stepped on by a foot.

There stood Kaname in the doorway with the whole of his arm covered in thick red blood. His eyes were glowing red. He lifted his blood-covered hand and licked the blood. He then made his way towards the worn-out figure that was previously covered in vines. He knelt down and used his blood-free other hand to caress her face, his fangs were now visible.

"Welcome back, My Queen."