Dine With The Demoness

On the underside of the island I was keeping Arshad busy

On the underside of the island I was keeping Arshad busy. The surprise attack had taken down one of the deadies, while I kept Arshad busy here. It was wrong of me to let them deal with the other two deadies but there was not much I could do here without having Ethereal gates to evade attacks. Getting hit by a super human even once would have ended me in one go.

All I could do was use Cherry to stay out of his chained sickle's range and throw debris at him to make him tired. It was working because he started to get tired. I could notice his movements become slower. Unfortunately even I was getting tired of throwing stuff at him. Almost all the debris had formed spinning ringed orbits around the island. If I could rain it all down on the island at once it would definitely take Arshad down, or at least distract him enough to get closer.

I didn't have the power to control gravity, but I could control mass. Only I would have to close in on Arshad, which was risky.

I asked Cherry, "Is this the fastest we can move?"

Cherry replied, "Negative sir, we could use Agility mode but it would only last 30 seconds and then revert back to regular speed, since I am unable to gather as much phonic energy here."

"Thirty seconds is enough, I think I can do it," I replied.

"OK sir, switching into agility mode now," Cherry replied.

"No, not now, on my command," I said.

I took four large branches, then flew around him in circles throwing large pieces at him. When he was busy turning around and dodging the debris I swooped in close to him as close as I could. By the time he realised I was moving straight towards him it was a bit late.

Just as he flung his weapon at me I spoke, "Cherry, now."

The hexagonal sectioned plate that I was standing on split into two pieces from the middle and some sections folded one around my foot to make a translucent orange shoe. The wisps of steam that shot out of it now trailed out from behind. I shot forward with great speed, much faster than I had ever seen or experienced, even more so than when I travelled from the Moon to Earth with Lord Ishrafil.

I flew past the weapon with relative ease although it was a bit hard for me to manoeuvre as well. Everything appeared to be a blur so my responses were not fast enough to actually control this thing. As of now I just wanted to run away for a bit and for this, my skills would suffice. I dodged the sickle and darted behind Arshad and out of his sight.

I flew behind one large root sticking out of the land and hid behind it. Then I took out my core and touched the base of the island and spoke, "Anukaran."

Within an instant, another island was created just above mine. I repeated myself once again creating three islands there. That instantaneous rise in mass caused a huge change in the gravity. The debris floating around the island in rings broke apart and plummeted towards the islands. The rain of smaller specs of water, dirt and twigs changed into a downpour of large shrapnel. It began to rain down aggressively and hit the ground hard. The islands that I created disappeared moments later but it had already set a chain reaction in motion.