7: Dorian Lin is a hoe

Alyssa Mells POV

Standing at the mouth of the school, I stared up at the buildings. Having not seen the school in three weeks now felt like a long time. The urge to turn and run wasn't there, but the one to slowly turn and walk away because I couldn't care less. Yes. But Amy dragged me through the busy front doors. "Uh - Amy. Do you think we could see if Dorian is around?"

"Because you know he's your mate?" She giggled.

"No, because he texted you asking for me to give him back his book on molecular-" she cut me off.

"You lost me at book." She deadpanned, dragging me past the hall of students. "There he is! DORIAN! Oi Dorian!" She pulled me to a stop, there stood Dorian Lin. His hair was a shiny black updo and he had blue-ish eyes. He smiled at us.

"Thanks for lending me the Molecules in a nutshell, I thoroughly liked it.." I laughed at the title, handing the slightly thick book over to him. Being honest, it was pretty boring.

"No worries, I'm glad you enjoyed it." He smiled, a couple of his teeth crooked but it didn't make him look unattractive, like a vampire, but not unattractive.

"She did, hey, we're going to busy burger after school, maybe we could see you there?" Amy nudged my shoulder and sent me a "You're welcome" look.

"Uh - yeah - maybe." Dorian blushed. No. Please don't. I don't want him. Nope. No. No offense. "See you later Alyssa. Amy." Dorian walked away with his two best friends to join their larger group.

"He's so into you." Amy squealed in excitement.

"Lets hope not." I sent her an exasperated look. "I don't like him like that Amy." I tried to reason, but her smile only grew.

"I'm sure you don't." She laughed, walking away.

School started like any other first day back. In an over dramatic, long, assembly. The large sea of students, all ages and grades, were seated about. I sat beside Amy, both of us half paying attention to any of the words the teachers were dealing. My thoughts went back to my birthday, that was ages away, but the excitement that bubbled inside me and my wolf was un-dismissive. Sure, I was excited about the whole mate ordeal, but I wanted to be able to live on my own. Or not under something that was like a sleep over. A sleep over that was nearly everyday life. I barely owned my own clothes. I didn't own a car. A home. Nothing. I was just a weight on somebody elses shoulders. I don't feel like I'm just a problem, I pulled myself and kept out of that phase. It was a phase because it would be stupid to think and assume somebody didn't care about me. Because the Allisons do. And for that I'm thankful, but it just seems like I should stand on my own two feet and give Amy and myself the space that's needed.

A nudge to my side brought my attention to Amy who then inclined her head to Dorian, who was staring at me. My stomach clenched. Please, no. Why did Amy have to tell him where we're going? I hope he has homework to do - lots and lots of homework. And chores. Millions. He'll be so busy NOT coming to Busy Burger after school. Axel would probably, hopefully, scare him away. Axel has a very intimidating group of friends. Darren is even the beta in-line. The group was Amy and my friend, or the younglings. They respect that Amy is Axels little sister and I'm her friend. They probably look at us and remember when we wore pink dresses and piggy tails.

Sighing, the bell rang during one of the deputy principals lame speech. Dissmissing us, we all left for our first period classes. Amy nearly threw a tantrum when she realized the only class we had together would be on Thursday. Our only class together. Amy doesn't have the best social skills, neither do I, but my quiet and smiling self have many basic friends, whereas Amy has always been loud and rude, saying what's on her mind. That may sound like a great characteristic if everything on her mind was nice. She never tends to say anything nice. She claims that's 'my job' like we're good cop and bad cop.

"Hey Alyssa." Dorians voice startled me. He took a seat beside me, not even bothering to ask. Gnawing on my lip as his chair slid closer to mine, I greeted him politely. I could tell him no, but what if he was doing this all on accident? What if he threw in my faces you think to highly of yourself talk? If he was ever to verbalize his intentions, that is when I can politely shoot him down.

Maths went off without a hitch, Dorians hand brushed my hand, his effect quiet the opposite of mine. His face warmed whereas mine paled at the touch of his cold hand. For a werewolf he has a freezing body temperature.

School wasn't bad but it wasn't good either. I spent most my class taking notes of the subject for the term and paid little attention to anything else. Amy complained about anything she could at lunch. And somehow, she found out about Dorian and my "hand brush".

"That is so romantic." She sighed.

"You should focus on your mate more." I said, anything to make her drop the delusion of me and Dorian. I know he's not my mate. Even if I'm not sixteen, I should find him at least a little attractive? Or have an attraction. Not be completely turned off by the mere sight of him. Want to ignore him because his silly childish antics are mundane to me. I find him childish because he, like most the others here, are oblivious to the real worlds problems. They make jokes and apparently know what's happening but they don't care. Dorian once brushed off domestic violence as a man and woman who were in love and when someone adressed him that it could happen to anyone, not just couples, he laughed.

"That's probably the smartest thing you've ever said." Amy smiled. "So I was talking to Axel and he gave me the whole 'education is more important than mates because of something blah blah future blah'." Amy rolled her eyes.

"Axel has a good point though." I poked my fork at her. "Education is very important, what if you want to get a job?" Trying to see things from her side I continued. "What if you and your mate are low in money and you both need to get jobs? Well paid jobs."

"That's - maybe a good idea, I'll just get a normal job, like in retail. My mate can get one of those well paid jobs." Amy nodded. I wish we could reach her in her Amy mind. She's way to reliant on someone she doesn't know. Someone who might not even exist.

School ended, not fast enough, and Axel was waiting in his blue BMW. It was one of the best cars in the school parking lot, as he not only has a job, but doesn't go to school. Plus, it's Axel. Climbing into the backseat, I unfortunately wasn't fast enough to call shot gun. I, along with Amy, was more than excited to see Rosie again. We hadn't seen her in two weeks, Axel having went out to meet them instead of them coming over or him taking us. Which I get, we are just his little sister and her best friend, not something you constantly bring to see your friends. Driving down the black roads, we arrived at the small, walk-in restaurant known as Busy Burger. Happily, Amy and I leapt out the car, searching for Axels group of friends.

"Come one you two." Axel slung his arms over our shoulders to lead us inside.