Chapter Three: Stereo ✓

Ria's POV

It's 4th period now, and I'm here with my brother, Cole, Julian and Brian. All of us, I guess I'm not alone here. The gym teacher demands that we call him "Coach" this whole year. And here I am demanding the school to reduce the school fee. We suffer too much.

"Coach" tells us about the Dodgeball tournament two days from now. This is like tossing rookies into war. Is this a school for Masochistic students and Sadistic teachers? Woah- wrong image. Erase!

Good luck to me and my dodging skills, I guess being small is my advantage--or use my brother as a human shield. After the introductions of the lessons about athletics, volleyball and badminton, Coach dismisses us. I was actually watching my brother and a girl "secretly" make-out from afar. I run over to my brother and clear my throat. His little kissy buddy glares at me and rolls her eyes.

"Who is she, babe? Ugh, she's ugly and disturbing us," her voice pitched upwards. Before I talked back, my brother stood up, swung his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer to him.

"This 'ugly and disturbing' person happens to be my beautiful and wonderful sister and since you disrespected her, we're through," my brother walks away, dragging me with him. I hear the girl whine behind us.

"Weren't you a bit too harsh?" I eyed my brother.

"Nope, no one messes with my sister. Plus, she's a one time thing," he lets me go and winks while I roll my eyes and laugh. "By the way, I can't drive you home today. I have soccer practice with Julian and Cole has baseball. So Brian will take you home," he grins.

"Why? Because he's such a dweeb that he plays no sport at all? I'd rather take the bus."

"Nope, no bus for you. It's not safe." he scolds me and holds both of my shoulders. "And Brian is the captain of the basketball team, he only has training on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Plus, I completely trust him with you. Just tell me if he does something bad to you again. You'll find him sulking in his book at the music room," he ruffles my head and walks away with his hands in his pockets.

I guess I'll have to go to the Music room now. It was in the second floor as instructed by my brother. I stepped in and my eyes instantly wandered to the walls covered by musical notes. The artist was very detailed and it was amazing. I look further in the room and see a guy standing at the ledge of the human-sized window-without the glass. My eyes widen and words leaped out of my mouth.

"Don't jump!" I shout as I made my way to the person. Startled he loses his balance, but luckily he holds onto the windowsill and looked behind him before stepping down.

"You could've killed me!" he snapped at me. I looked down at my shoes in shame. I never found my shoes so interesting. Like, ooo, laces. "You're crazy. I suppose you need a ride home?" he asks and I nod.

"My brother told you?"

"We had it scheduled. Let's go," he walks past me and I close the door behind me. 

"Do you know who painted the music room? I have to give credit, it's amazing," I smile, catching up to him. He stops his tracks and I look at him.

"You're looking at him." He smiles cockily.

"Wait, seriously?" I gawk at him.

"Yeah, I was bored of graffiti so I decided to paint that room. I was supposed to be suspended for vandalism but since the music teacher and art teacher liked it, they let me off," he explains.

"Teach me your ways, Sensei," I laugh at him and he laughs back.

=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=•=

We make our way onto the car and he opens the stereo. 'Believer by Imagine Dragons' was on and I throw my head back and forth to the beat.

"I love this song!" I exclaim.

"I never took you for the type to like these kinds of song," he laughs in amusement.

"You don't know many things about me."

"Fair point," he says as he starts the car and brought me home.