six

lea | alec

lea | alec

MINGLED WITH the sound of children playing and leaves rustling to fall down into a pile on the ground, Lea's legs slowly snake around the park as a sigh escapes from her lips. The noise of people murmuring and chatting fills her surroundings, but succumbed under the isolation of her peace, she feels her nerves soothe down.

The sky begins to grow dark and the cold flushes over her body, insisting her to pull her coat closer so that she hugs herself. She tucks a strand of her brown hair behind her ears as the winds urge them to fly in the mid-air. Rubbing her hands together to produce heat, she stuffs them into her coat pocket as she feels the warmth of the material crawl into her skin. It is moments like this she gets to spend time with herself, drowned in introspection, her own thoughts and so much more.

A calm smile spreads from her lips as she hunts her phone from her bag as she's reminded of last night. Her fingers waste no time in hovering over the keyboard.

tell me about you, alec.

past the strangers' phase, are we?

Her lips curl into a grin as she considers her reply. 

i realized it doesn't hurt.

i know nothing about you other than your name. you could be an eighty-year-old man, for all that i know.

...i'm offended.

do I really text like an eighty-year-old man? i thought i was pretty cool.

you know what they say, people who call themselves cool are not cool.

seriously, how old are you? i'd have to live in a hole for all of eternity if you were a man in his 40s. i cannot even begin to think what that would make me.

you're just as smart as I expected you to be, lea.

...?

;)

you are? but, you told me you were a student.

i didn't take you for an ageist, lea. i never really declared that i was a student. i could be a teacher who suffers from insomnia and studies all night, for all that you know.

...

Too shocked to process his words, she finds the air around her start to grow thin. Her cheeks burn red hot as embarrassment floods her features. She finds a seat by her left, under a tree and wastes no time in settling down, but she finds herself turning into a tomato despite the cold, feeling partly exposed to the world and partly wanting to bury herself in a hole. Her mind becomes too numb to process his revelation.

Her body jumps instantly as she hears her phone buzz with a notification.

lol.

screw you, alec hawthorne.

my heart just dropped to the ground.

relax, i was joking.

i'll never forgive you for this.

if it's any consolation, i'm very young.

young, as in a 10-year-old?

hmm.

more like 17 ;)

i'll be turning 18 in a month's time.

i should've realized when you sent me two winky faces in the span of two minutes.

a 17-year-old boy with a girlfriend. hmm, we're making quite a progress getting to know each other.

please tell me you're not a 30-year-old stripper. 

and, the fear of texting a stranger kicks in.

what can i say, lea? the memory of waking up to a flirty text from you still frightens me for some reason. 

about that. it wasn't me who sent the text. 

well, it was me who sent the text the first time but sexting a stranger is never an option for me. 

i can picture you turning into a tomato right now. i'm kidding. i kinda figured out.

you did?

for someone this frightened to text a stranger, i could tell it's not very easy.

are you accusing me of being a coward, alec? i think it's normal to feel frightened. it's you who isn't and for some reason, that makes you inhuman.

you seem harmless, lea. 

things aside, how old are you, really?

take a wild guess.

21, probably?

you're not as smart as i expected you to be, alec.

ouch.

i'm 19.

and, now we're making progress.

;)

•••

A/N: I'm new to this dialogue thing but I'm having so much fun. I hope you liked the chapter ♡

Don't be a silent reader. Let me know your thoughts about the story and don't forget to vote (yes, it really helps).

Spread the love, Nova x