Piano

Prompt: Someone (Sideman or Pack member) decides to buy Vik the grand piano he's always wanted. Maybe it was Lachlan, or maybe the guys at the Sidemen house. Maybe Vik plays them a song as a thank you, or maybe they learn a song to play for him.  
Bonus- If the piano is a gift from one or multiple people in the Sidemen house, have them make a habit of sitting next to Vik and watching him play.
Bonus- If the buyer of the piano (if it is one person) is really good at singing, and they duet.

Choice 1 with all Bonuses

{AN- I could not find a good piano song to be played, so just pretend I did.}

Vik had always wanted a piano. Yes, he had his small electric one, and that would do the trick for now. But Vik loved the idea of getting himself a true piano. He wanted one made of wood, with the smooth keys that made just the right noise when tuned just the right way. He'd never actually had one to call his own, although he had played on other people's before. And nothing could quite beat the feeling of playing a real piano.

Lachlan knew this. He had spent many a late night Skype sessions listening to Vik play. Vik was amazing with a piano, and Lachlan would do anything to hear him play for the rest of his life. So when Vik told Lachlan of his dreams for a real piano, whether a grand or an upright piano, Lachlan set himself a goal. He got in contact with the other Sidemen in the house, planning a surprise visit to England. He also shared with them a surprise present he wanted to get Vik.  Josh and Simon immediately agreed to help, JJ never getting back to him {AN- #RIPKSI}. Lachlan bought Vik a grand piano, perfectly timing it so it would arrive the day he did.

The waiting game commensed, and a week passed. Lachlan's plane would land today, the piano having arrived to the Sidemen house earlier that morning. Josh was currently coming to pick up Lachlan, Simon staying back to keep Vik away from his surprise. The ride to the house was filled with excited chatter, Lachlan growing slightly nervous. He had prepared a plan to make his presence known to Vik. Lachlan had decided to play him a song when he arrived, one that Vik had played for the taller blond plenty of times. Lachlan had been practicing for the past week, and he hoped he had it. When the car stopped in the driveway, Lachlan took a deep breath before exiting the car. Josh patted his shoulder, unlocking the front door. The house was quiet, which was very odd. Simon greeted them at the door, addressing their current problem.

"Vik's asleep right now. Should I wake him up?" Simon's words were hushed, Lachlan nodding in response.

"Yeah, actually. And have him wait at the top of the steps. That way he'll hear the piano playing before he sees me." Simon nodded, heading up to Vik's room. Lachlan followed Josh toward the piano, soon smiling to himself. He could already see Vik's figure hunched over the piano, fingers dancing along the keys. The blond couldn't help the flutter that filled his chest at the thought of watching Vik play. Lachlan took a seat at the stool, sighing out his stress. He had this. His fingers quickly found their starting positions, and he began to play. The tune was lovely, a complex mixture of so many notes. Lachlan had spent so much time learning it. He hoped Vik would appreciate the gesture.

Meanwhile, at the top of the stairs, Vik had stilled. He had spent a while complaining to Simon about how he was finally asleep and he just wanted to be in bed. But as soon as the familiar tune met his ears, he had frozen to the ground. He only ever played that for Lachlan; it was a song he had written on piano himself. Vik looked to Simon, lost. Simon signalled down the steps, and soon enough Vik was racing down them. Simon found himself nearly struggling to keep up with the much shorter boy. Vik raced his way toward the noise, freezing once more at the scene. There sat Lachlan, a boy he had fallen for, playing his song upon a grand piano. Vik nearly cried at the sight, slowly crawling his way closer. Upon reaching Lachlan's back, Vik was met by something that finally drew out tears. Lachlan was singing with the piano, words just too soft for Vik to hear. So the shorter boy stood quietly, letting Lachlan finish the piece. As soon as he hit the last note, however, Vik launched himself at Lachlan's back in a tight hug. Lachlan carefully spun, wrapping his arms around Vik. The Indian male wiggled his way onto Lachlan's lap, legs dangling on either side of the taller's. Simon and Josh watched from the other side of the room, keeping their distance from the pair. They understood that the relationship between the two younger boys was rough and ill-figured. The two needed this.