61| the battle pt.2

"I knew you would be, you're a tough one, you are."

Y/N POV

Y/N POV

It was too quiet. Everyone was either dead, dying, or seriously injured. The ones who were physically and emotionally stable became Healers. The remainder of us, well, Neville and I, sat at the front entrance of the castle eagerly searching for any sight of Harry.

I looked down and began kicking the rocks that scattered everywhere on the ground. Hogwarts was barely recognizable—more than half of it wasn't standing anymore. I could still hear the explosions and cries as if it was happening right now. But nobody was in sight for miles.

"Do you think he did it already?" Neville asked, looking up at me. "I mean, do you think he's really gone?"

I took a deep breath and sighed, turning back to Neville. "I don't know, Neville. We will have to wait and se—"

I was cut off by him quickly standing up, and looking across the bridge.

"What are you.....?" I trailed off and looked in the direction he was looking.

After squinting my eyes, I managed to see hundreds of tiny black dots moving towards us. As they got closer, I could defiantly make them out. It was them. The Death Eaters.

"Quick! Go get the others!" I shouted at Neville.

He nodded and quickly scurried into the castle. Students and teachers immediately started pouring out of the—well remainder of—main entryway.

As the Death Eaters got closer, I gulped and took a few steps back. Maybe I took a few too many, because I ran into someone. Instead of walking away, the person wrapped it's arms around my torso.

"I'm so glad you're okay, love." Draco said, turning me around to face him.  "I knew you would be, you're a tough one, you are."

I smiled slightly and wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

"Who is that Hagrid's carrying? Neville, who is it?" Ginny said, walking past us and over to Neville.

I released my arms from Draco and turned around to see the group of Death Eaters facing us in a giant group—including my parents. They looked like they were in pure misery. It broke my heart. But not as much as when I looked beside them.

Harry was being held by Hagrid, who was locked up in chains. I examined Harry closely, and realized he was not moving. Any happiness my face had shown disappeared completely. My smile dropped as I looked at my best friend, laying in Hagrid's arms.