30 - Senior Disciples are Big Bullies

The usually quiet Academy's Stadium is now booming with a lot of people. The seats were all occupied accordingly with each disciple's seniority and ranks. Most of the junior disciples are situated on the rear nearest to the arena because the academy would like the junior disciples to make use of this moment to gain insights from those who joined the tournament but of course, it still depends on the observing disciple. The academy knew that one should be considered to be confident with his or her skills when they signed up for the tournament so they set this kind of tournament every 2 years to assess and rank their disciples. Rewards given to the top 10 disciples are also abundant especially the prize for the champion. It incites and attracts the elite disciples below the Saint rank to participate and showcase their skill. 

The crowd slowly went quiet as a middle-aged looking man wearing an elegant red robe akin to an emperor walked on the aisle leading to the VIP section of the stadium.  Behind him,  is a handsome tan-skinned youth who looked like a heroic warrior dressed in a sleeveless robe. It was the Venerable headmaster and his core disciple,  Theo.

The disciples gasp as they saw the duo especially the junior disciples who know and recognize Theo. They simply can't believe that a fellow junior disciple like them would join the tournament solely for elite senior disciples who usually been at the academy for a longer time.  A couple of whispers had been given birth discussing how brave Theo is.  Theo naturally didn't bother trivial kinds of stuff like that so he just casually sat beside the Venerable Headmaster and observe the crowd coldly.

The other senior disciples who joined the tournament are currently situated below the VIP box where the headmaster and Theo were located. They can only shot envious looks towards Theo and some openly sneered to the youth.  They can't help but get jealous of the treatment that Theo was getting from their academy's headmaster.  They had stayed longer on the academy and undeniably had a good aptitude as well so they can't help but bring up their pride to show their superiority.  Alphas after all--- hated being looked down. The headmaster knew that the other senior disciples' hatred against his own disciple and can only sigh.  Power is to be earned not be given, the same applies to Respect.  He was initially shocked and worried that his own disciple asked him if he could join the tournament today but seeing the confidence coming from Theo,  he felt relieved.  This is also a good training ground for a cultivator. Battle experiences can force one to gain insights and even breakthrough.  The headmaster sat quietly as he continued looking at the entrance of the stadium where the joining disciples are going in. Theo, on the other hand, is coldly scanning on the crowd as he was like looking for someone.

"Don't tell me it was only a fluke when they said that the fairy will join today's tournament? " Theo inwardly thought to himself.  Ever since he arrived,  he was looking around trying to find Yulrir but haven't seen even a shadow of him.

The headmaster noticed how his disciple behaves and can only helplessly smile.  He knew how Theo is persistent about the Tower Master's disciple but made no comment on it.  He is, in fact, had a good feeling on this matter,  it simply means that his disciple has a resolute will and loyalty.

The disciples that fill up the whole stadium continued pouring in but the Tower Master and her disciple are still nowhere to be found.

"Pzzzzzzztt"

A spatial fissure is slowly forming somewhere near the area where the other contestants are currently sitting. A figure slowly walked out on the spatial fissure and the white light enveloping him is slowly dimming.

The figure had a slender body with a flowing silver-white hair tied up all the way to his back.  His milky white skin compliments the white robe that the academy gives out when you've become a part of them. But what attracts the most of his appearance is his black fox mask which covers his eyes but still instills a pretty image to whomever that stares at him. He is fairly small among the contestants but definitely had a heavenly aura on him.  This made the audiences gape a bit and can't help but to stare at the beautiful figure. That figure is, of course, Yulrir himself.  Yulrir calmly looked around and found an empty sit. Loud whispers from the audience had suddenly enveloped the stadium. Indistinctly chattering about another junior disciple and a beta will join the tournament too.  His fellow junior disciples were gaping at Yulrir as well,  not because he was joining too but how Yulrir had grown taller and seem more beautiful than before.