Chapter 13

Elenor's PoV:

After getting ready and dragging the boys out of the house, we are finally at the packhouse. Seriously for a bunch of grown men, they act like five-year-old kids. So now we are in the packhouse; the guys went to the office to check on everything. I walk to the kitchen with Ashley and Jem to see what we can help with. We get there, and we see some women cooking, and it looks like they have a lot on their hands.

"Is there anything we can help with," I ask them. They turn to look at us and then bow their heads as a sign of respect.

"Yes, we do, but you don't have to help Luna." Said the lady that looked in charge.

"Nonsense, I want to help, so just tell me what to do, and I will do it," I tell her while going to the sink to wash my hands. Jem and Ashley follow me and wash their hands.

That is how we spend the next couple of hours. That was till the guys came to get us and took us outside to the backyard. Some pack members were here already, and some were just getting here. The cookout was in a big tent that had a bunch of tables set up. There was also a small stage in front of the tent. Also, to the side of the tent was a bunch of games and activities for the kids the play.

When everyone was here and seated, Alex and the rest of our group went on stage. I had forgotten that we needed to make me Luna and Jem the female beta.

"Ladies and gentlemen today's, we are having this celebrate our pack finding the Luna and the female beta," Alex says loud enough that everyone hears him everyone starts applauding.

Alex motions for me to step forward, so I am standing in front of him. The Josh brought over a bowl that had a knife in it. He put it on a stool in between us. Alex took the knife and cut the palm of my hand and his. Then we held each other's bloody hand. He then started the usual routine.

"Do you Elenor Bart promise to protect and care for this pact as their Luna till you no longer can?" Alex asks me. After his statement, everyone's eyes were on me.

"Yes, I promise to protect and care for this pack until I no longer can," I say loud enough so everyone can hear me.

"And do you swear to rule wisely and fair by my side." He asks me.

"Yes, I do swear to rule wisely and fair by your side," I state with confidence in my voice. Everyone cheers, and I'm handed a cloth to clean my hand. I feel my mind-link starts to grow with the pack.

"Everyone welcome your new official Luna. Luna Elenor," Alex says, and people start clapping and saying welcome.

I just give them all a nod and step back in between Rodney and Josh, where I was before. Then Alex motions for Jem to step forward as I did. He did the same thing with her hand as he did to mine. Then he took her hand and joined it with his.

"Do you Jem Castres promise to protect and help guide this pack alongside you mate as this packs Female Beta," Alex asked her. Jem looked towards the pack, then towards her mate and lastly me. She had a look like she wasn't sure she could do this. She then turned towards Alex.

"Yes, I pr....promise to protect and help guide this pack alongside my mate as the Female Beta." She says with confidence that I knew was fake, but no one else seems to notice. They all are just happy that she said yes.

"And do you promise to help your Luna perform her duties when she can't or is not here," Alex continued to ritual.

"Yes, I do," Jem said. They let go of each other's hand and faced forward.

"Everyone I give you our Female Beta. Jem," Alex said to the whole pack. Jem gave a nod and went back to stand on Josh's left side. "And now let's enjoy this amazing food that has been prepared and have fun," Alex says, and then we walk off the stage.

Alex grabs my hand and leads us to the table Ashley and Caleb are at. We sit down, and our food is brought to us. When we are all done, I get up from the table.

"Jem, we need to talk. Come on, please," I tell her as everyone in the table looks at me. Jem just nods and gets up. We start walking towards where the kids are playing.

"What happened up there? You do know that if you didn't want to do it, you didn't have to, right?" I ask her as we sat down on a bench.

"Yes, I do. It's just I was scared that I will be a bad Female Beta." She says, sounding defeated for some reason.

"Jem, you are strong and caring trust me you are going to be fine," I tell her. "You would even make a better Luna then me," I say with a little laugh, and this statement causes her to laugh too.

After our small talk, some pack members come to congratulate us. Then a little girl comes up to us; she seems shy.

"Luna, Female Beta," she says, bowing her head in respect. "Do you guys mind coming to play with me. All the other kids say I can't play with them." She tells us, and my heart breaks when she says this.

"What's you, name, sweetheart?" I ask her as calmly as I possibly can.

"Mara Luna Elenor

"Mara Luna Elenor. I'm Beta Josh's sister. Please don't tell him what I just told you. He won't be happy that the kids were picking on me. I don't want to see him mad," she tells us in a quiet voice. Then I see Jem get even madder because to her and her wolf; someone is picking on her mate's sister. Also, because her instincts to protect her are coming out.

"Sure, sweetheart, and don't worry, we won't tell your brother. Come on what do you want to play," I tell her while grabbing her hand.

That is how we spend our time playing with her for a while, and then we go back home. We each go to our rooms and get ready for bed.

"Oh, I almost forgot my parents are getting back tomorrow, and they want all of us to go over for dinner." He tells me when we were getting in bed.

"Uhhh.......I uhm......Sure but what if they don't like me," I tell him nervous as hell. He has told me about his parents, and they sound like friendly people, but what if they just don't like me.

"Calm down. Who wouldn't they love us? We are lovable. I mean, look at us," Aya tells me. I just roll my eyes at her statement.

" Hey, don't worry, you will be fine. They will love you. I mean, who wouldn't you are just so lovable." He says, and I burst out laughing.

" See, I told you so," Aya says in a sassy tone. Which causes me to smile more.

"You and Aya have the same mindset. She told me the same thing," I tell him when I'm done laughing. This causes him to chuckle.

"Well, great minds think alike," he says while pulling me closer to him. That is how we fall asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you Enjoyed

04/25/20